2

Mark groaned at the sound of his phone ringing. He was for sure it was Donghyuck, who he didn't want to talk to, but he answered anyways. "Hello?".

"Hello, is this Mark Lee?"

Mark sat up at the sound of the unfamiliar voice. It was a lady and sounded older. "Um.. Yes, I'm Mark. Who is this?".

"I am a nurse at Seoul Care. Last night a young male of the name Donghyuck was brought it. We tried to contact his family but they said they were all too far away to get here immediately so they gave me this number" The nurse explained.

Mark's heart dropped into he pit of his stomach. Donghyuck ia in a hospital? He didn't understand how this could of happened.

"Sir?"

Mark was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the nurse talk. "I'm still here. I'll be on the way as soon a s possible". He hung up immediately, not even hearing what the nurse was trying to tell him. He flew out of bed, grabbing a pair of sweatpants and a shirt before grabbing his keys and phone. Once he deemed himself set he ran down the stairs and out the house, getting in his car to drive to the hospital.

~~~

When Mark reached up to the front desk. "Excuse me, I need to know what room Lee Donghyuck is in".

"Relationship?" The receptionist asked as she typed in something on her computer.

"I'm his boyfriend" Mark said, feeling a tingle in his body after calling Donghyuck that. He hadn't referred to Donghyuck as his boyfriend with such emotions in a long time.

He was snappped out of his thoughts when the receptionist spoke up, "Room 3B. The elevator is right behind you". Mark muttered a quick 'thank you' before going to the elevator.

His fingers hit the up buttton repeatedly, but he knew that wouldn't of made the door open quicker. When the door finally did open he practically threw himself the small space, luckily no one else was in there.

Mark pressed down onto the number three button and watched as the elevator door closed. The closer he got to the second floor, the more he began to panic.

The elevator stopped on the second floor, allowing others to get on. The elevator was starting to become so crowded which wasn't helping calm Mark at all. By the time one more passenger got on Mark was squished.

"You know what, fuck it" Mark wedged through the tiny space between him and a tall man in order to get out the elevator. He watched as the door closed before looking for the stairs.

It didn't take long for him to find it, after all he was running down the halls pretty fast. When he did find the stairs though he pushed through the doors quickly, running up the stairs as fast as he could.

Any normal person wouldn't dare to take the stairs but Mark's adrenalin and worry was getting the best of him.

He jogged up the steps the quickest he could, ignoring the burning feeling he was getting in his quads.

When he made it to the top he sprinted down the hall until he reached the room.

He leaned against the door to catch his breath. When he deemed himself okay he pushed the door open.

The first thing his eyes landed on was a sleepy Donghyuck with an IV attacked to his arms. The monitor showed that his heart was beating slower than usual.

Tears immediately filled Mark's eyes as he saw Donghyuck. He slowly walked over to the edge of the bed.

"Donghyuck.." Mark called, but he got no response. "You have to be okay. How else will I be able to apologize to you for being such a bad boyfriend".

Mark slowly grabbed his boyfriends hand. He could see his tears falling onto the blanket as he cried harder. "I'm so sorry Hyuck. I'm sorry that I am never home. I'm sorry that I made you lose trust in me. I promise I'll be a better boyfriend if you come back to me. I-I can't lose you yet. I refuse to".

Mark took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. He had to be strong, for himself and more importantly, for Donghyuck.

There was a sudden knock on the door and Mark turned and saw the doctor. He immediately got up, "Doctor, hello. Is he going to be okay".

The doctor let out a sigh, "Donghyuck was in a car accident. He wasn't brought into the hospital until 4 hours after the injury. It happen in the outskirt on town where no one really goes. It seemed to be he was crossing the street without paying attention. He has several broken bones, but those are only minor problems".

Mark nodded slowly, "What's the major problem?".

"Donghyuck is suffering from a TBI" The doctor informed him.

"A TBI" Mark questioned, not knowing what he was being told.

The doctor walked over to Mark, "TBI means Traumatic Brain Injury. The impact Donghyuck faced during the collision caused his brain to swell".

Now Mark not of been an expert in the medical field, but he knows that swelling of the brain could cause lose of oxygen to be transported. "What can you guys do?".

"From the looks of it, the only option we have is to perform a surgery" The doctor told Mark.

Mark looked over at Donghyuck and blinked away the new tears that were forming. "Will he be okay?".

"We will do everything we can" The doctor said.

Mark shook his head, "That didn't answer my question".

The doctor just gave Mark a sympathetic look before leaving the room.

Mark looked at Donghyuck once again, "It'll be okay. You'll be fine. You'll have this surgery and then once you recover you'll nag me again, but it'll be okay".

Only a part of Mark truly believed those words so in a way he was trying to convince himself, but was else could he do. He needed to believe Donghyuck would be okay.