𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

Start from the beginning

"welp, you told me to. you asked and i delivered, freddie," i smiled in return, walking slowly into his room and placing my bag on freddie's bed
"i like that," freddie replied, a glint in his bambi eyes.
"like what? the fact that i came early?" i wondered.
"no. well, yes. but i also like you calling me freddie," he laughed, strolling over to sit down on the bed, next to my bag.
"but that's your name?" i was confused.

"yes, but brian and roger also call me fred. i don't mind being called fred, but you only call me freddie. i like that."
his smile had definitely turned into a mischievous smirk, and i shook my head in laughter, a red blush forming on my cheeks.

"when are the other two coming?"
"in a little bit. 'bout half hour,"
"ah,"

tension in the room had formed suddenly. i didn't know what to say and so i thanked God that freddie started speaking.
"what did you mean by your message, darling?"

oh. so he had seen it.

john wanted to say 'well i was secretly hoping that you liked me or whatever but' but he decided against it... to keep himself from being utterly embarrassed due to freddie laughing in his face and calling him 'ridiculous darling!'
he decided to answer with
"nothing. honestly. don't worry about it"
and freddie nodded

𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗲✧*:・゚

when john said that i shouldn't worry about the message, my heart sank. i didn't know how to respond without giving off too much emotion and so i just settled for a quick nod and headed over to the cabinet in which i kept my films.
i'm going to try and make this night as less awkward as possible, especially since brian and roger might be fondling eachother during the film and because of the fact roger knew i fancied john. i had to prepare myself for the endless teasing.
the teasing didn't bother me much, though. i think it mostly got to john. over-text teasing is fine because he either doesnt answer or just says our name, which is making it pretty obvious he's blushing behind the screen. with every text that john sent i could almost imagine him saying it in real life; his facial expressions, his bright red blush.

john came over and flopped right next to me in front of the cabinet, peering over the endless films.
"they're sorted into genre. on the left we have comedy, then romcom, then action, thriller, drama, horror, scary, all the way through to porn." i turned my head, desperate to see his cheeks turn colour. and they most certainly did.

"freddie," he said in an embarrassed, scolding tone. he placed his hand over his mouth, looking at all the different movies. his eyes were stuck on the right side. "its literally all gay porn," he laughed.
"why of course, darling. i am gay, you know?" i raised an eyebrow and john shook his head in laughter. it only took a few seconds for me to burst out in laughter, slapping my knee.
"oh john, dear, you're too easy to tease," i winked.
he hummed in agreement, looking over all the movies this time.

"shouldn't we wait for brian and roger to get here?"
"me and you both know they won't be focused on the movie; they'll be fondling eachother's balls or something,"
"freddie!" this time, john slapped my knee, trying to keep himself from doubling over in laughter.
but, the bassist continued. "what's your scariest movie?" he pondered.
"ummm," i cast my eyes upon the 'scary' genre, poking each side of the disc case as i read each title. "none of then are immensely scary, but there are a few creepy ones,"

i came across the boy and took the disc out from its respectful place. "this one isn't really scary but it kept me awake for a night. it's just creepy," i honestly said, turning over the disc so i could read the blurb. i watched it for the first time about three years ago and i remember distinctly the night i was kept awake. whilst i was watching the film i didn't even jump once, but just the thought of a man living in your walls didn't sit right with me.