Her frown shifted into a grin as she spotted the reason for the abrupt silence. In the centre of the room stood Lynette, looking more beautiful than Polly had ever seen her. The younger woman was clearly uncomfortable with so many pairs of eyes on her, Polly's motherly instincts stepped in.

"Lynn," she called across the room causing the redhead to look over in surprise. Polly gestured for her to follow her into the small office, stepping aside to hold the door open.

Lynette looked up to the Shelby aunt with gratitude. "Thanks, I was about to turn and go to the pub for a pint to escape the stares while I waited. You put some effort in and people think you've gone mad."

Polly laughed lightly as she gestured for the girl to take a seat in the chair next to the door, while she sat herself at the desk. "You'll get used to it here, it's not that much different from The Garrison."

Lynette shrugged off her jacket before sitting down. "It'll be fine once today is over, then I can return to pulling pints."

Polly admired the woman's outfit now that she could see it properly without the being obscure by the beige trench coat. The dress itself was ivory, made with a satin-like material. The low v-neckline and the length were very flattering to the woman's figure, as well as the dainty silver jewellery on her fingers and hung around her neck.

"Well, you do look bloody lovely. Tommy will be pleased," Polly teased before starting to rummage in the cabinet under Tommy's desk. "Drink while you wait?"

"I wouldn't say no to that," Lynette grinned as she watched the woman pull out a bottle of Irish whiskey and two glasses. "I'm assuming this is your private stash?"

"Actually, it's Tommy's office. But we woman are good at hiding things so it'll be our little secret."

Lynette accepted the glass as she chuckled. "That is true indeed," she agreed as they both took a sip of their drinks. "I haven't seen you at The Garrison in a while, how is Ada?"

Polly hummed softly under her breath. "She's really showing now. The stress isn't good for her or the baby, I tried to offer them a chance to start a new life in America. But Freddie is a stubborn man, and so is Tommy."

The redhead leaned forward to place a comforting hand on Polly's knee. "I'm sure things will work. If you ever need to talk or need a drinking buddy, then my door - as well as my alcohol cabinet - is always open."

Polly thanked the girl for her offer, before declaring that another drink was required. As the older Shelby woman poured two more refills, the door to the office opened to reveal Tommy. He took in the sight of the two women, both with proud smiles on their faces and an open bottle of whiskey on the desk.

"I see you two have helped yourselves," he remarked, his expression blank as he turned to look to Lynette, looking over her outfit. "Are you ready?"

She took a moment to examine his own appearance. The new three-piece suit fitted perfectly, just like the others she had seen him wear. Though the small knit material was a pale grey colour, which she preferred on him as it brought out the colour in his eyes. And of course, the infamous cap of a Peaky Blinder.

"Yeah I'm ready," she nodded as she stood to pull on her coat once again. "It was nice to see you again, Polly."

Lynette followed Tommy through the shop and outside to his waiting car. She whispered a 'thank you' to him as he opened the passenger seat door for her, offering his hand to help her up. She knew that his help was not required but she accepted it with a smile.

Tommy rounded the car to the opposite door after the small door behind her. It was not until after the car had started, and they had driven away from Watery Lane, that he spoke to her.