filler - exposed

▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

Saito Emi

▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

With the UA sports festival coming up, everyone seems busy with one or another, a lot of them seeking help or a training partner. But the most important thing is the tension. Yes, the tension that threatens to ruin friendships and destroy time.

Emi and Shoto barely spent any time together the past week and when they did, they divulged into topics surrounding the festival such as who might win and who might not. It was a sore subject for the boy, Emi has noticed, and she's concluded that there must have been pressure from his father to win this thing. Another thing she's noticed is that the class is more interested in what's going on between them than their lunch.

"So are you dating or what?" Tooru whines. "You guys act so cute but it's still not enough."

"Would you pipe down?" Kyoka deadpans. "It's not like she hugs and kisses him then denies he's her boyfriend."

"Thank you," Emi breathes out in relief at finding a reasonable person amidst this cluster of gossip-thirsty women.

"She just treats him like anyone would treat their love interest," Kyoka continues, smirking when she hears the loud groan escaping the blonde.

"Oh okay, um, let's go with this," Emi says, eyes wide open with horribly masked innocence. "Kyoka and Kaminari might as well sit in each other's lap. Tooru and Ojiro almost kissed once but Ojiro doesn't know that because he can't see where Tooru's head is going. Ochaco and Izuku can barely look each other in the eyes without getting this stupid lovesick look on their faces. Okay go."

Mutters and exclamations floated around their table causing some other students to look at then and wonder what the hell is wrong 1-A's girls. Red faces, nosebleeds and tears can easily give the wrong idea to anyone. It doesn't help that when Shoto looks over in concern, Emi winks at him and leaves her table to join him and the rest of the boys, abandoning her tray because unlike some girls, she's been eating instead of gossiping.

"Hello, do you mind if I join you guys for a while? The girls are being too loud." Without waiting for an answer, she plops down on the empty seat next to Shoto.

"What are they even talking about?" Kaminari narrows his eyes at Kyoka's flushed face, secretly thinking it's cute but also wondering what provoked it.

"Oh." Emi bit the inside of her cheek to stop herself from smirking. "Dirty stuff."

As usual, her blunt words cause everyone to make some kind of reaction, at least one or two of each of the following: choking, blushing, fainting, having a nosebleed, smirking or sneering in disgust. Izuku, amazingly, manages to use four of them.

She looks at the handsome boy next to her only to find him way too invested in his cold soba. She wrinkles her nose at his choice of food but internally cheers when she sees a red hue on his perfectlysculptedcutmewiththemplease cheekbones.

"Ah." She stands up and eyes the blood spewing a few of her male classmates' noses. "Now you boys are being too disgusting. It's like I can't find a medium."

"Y'all are virgins anyway."

Yells and screams follow her as she trails away barely being able to walk properly without having her laughter bring her down. She can't even find it within herself to care about strangers' eyes following; staring at her and dissecting her. It's only when she walks out of the cafeteria, that she allows herself to be consumed by the aftermath of her bold words.

"Sometimes, I can't sleep at night, thinking you're to kill me when I do," a deep raspy voice speaks as the owner passes by her.

"Don't give me ideas, Aizawa-sensei."

"And you, don't give me nightmares."

◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►

"What you said during lunch..." the boy trails off, not knowing how to bring it up without feeling his ears almost melting off.

Now that they're alone, with Emi walking Shoto to the train station, the sense of shame and embarrassment finally settles and she feels her face burn with what almost feels like regret.

She lets out a short nervous laugh. "Which?"

"The last thing." He clears his throat. "Are you not a...?"

"I am, I am, I'm a hundred percent...that."

She hears a sigh of relief and almost comments on it if not her brain finally taking control of her mouth and reminding her that will just bring more regretful words.

"So!" She says. "Did you know that Aizawa-sensei babytalks to his cat?"

A surprised smile comes on his face and he manages a "What?"

"But don't tell anyone, I want to use it for blackmail."

And basically, to kill the tension, Emi exposes every secret she's managed to find out about their sensei. If he even knew about that, he'll be the one killing her while she sleeps; if she does that is. But it'll be worth every laugh she got out of her usually taciturn friend.

Why did I write this you ask? I don't know. I think (I know) I just needed to get myself back on track because I've been kind of (really) neglecting. And I want to finish writing this story before the next school year starts (not happening).