Cuddle? (Lashton)

Luke - Dada
Ashton - Headspace of 2

Ashton whimpered to himself as he hugged his teddy bear tightly to his chest, his eyes shut so he couldn't see the surrounding darkness in his bedroom.

He'd had another nightmare; the third one this week. Every one was the same, involving his dada being taken away from him in some way. It was beginning to lead to some separation anxiety. Ashton no longer wanted Luke to be more than ten feet away from him at all times. If Luke went to the bathroom, Ashton would wait right outside the door. Wherever he went, Ashton would follow. Luke began to pick up on the behavior, but when he would ask Ashton about it, the boy wouldn't say a word.

However, this time had Ashton severely spooked, mainly because when he woke up Luke wasn't beside him. It didn't even occur to poor Ashton that Luke had probably just gone to the bathroom, or to get a drink of water.

His eyes filled with tears as he buried his face in his teddy bear. "Dada left, Teddy..." he mumbled, his voice breaking as he said it out loud. His chest tightened, and he let out a heartbroken sob.

Luke, who was downstairs getting a cup of water, paused when he thought he heard a sound from the upstairs bedroom. He waited to see if it happened again, and it did; this time louder. Luke's eyes widened at the sound of his baby's cries and he quickly set the cup on the counter.

"Ashton? Baby I'm here!" he called as he raced up the stairs. He threw the bedroom door open, causing the hall light to illuminate the room slightly. He ran to the side of the bed and scooped Ashton up, holding him close to his chest.

"It's alright baby," he cooed as Ashton sobbed into his chest. "Dada's here, no more crying honey..."

Ashton sniffled and hiccuped, the pain in his chest relieved once he realized his Dada hadn't left him after all. Luke carefully shifted onto the bed, letting Ashton curl into him.

"Baby, what's the matter? You've been acting like this a lot lately. Is something going on that you're not telling me?" he asked, running his fingers through Ashton's soft curls.

Ashton buried his face in Luke's neck. "Bad dreams...." he mumbled, feeling his face heat up with embarrassment. "Dada leave..."

Luke frowned and held him closer. "Hey, baby, it's alright. I know bad dreams are scary, but you know I'll never EVER leave you. No matter what, I'll always be right here." he soothed, rocking Ashton back and forth.

Ashton smiled slightly and kissed Luke's cheek. Luke kissed his nose in return, causing a giggle to slip from his mouth. Luke grinned.

"Cuddle?" Ashton asked, making Luke laugh.

"We already are cuddling, silly baby." he replied, poking his nose and cradling him. Ashton yawned and rested his head against Luke's shoulder, his eyelids slowly drooping as sleep began to take over once more.

Luke pulled the blankets up over the two of them and placed a kiss on Ashton's forehead.

"Goodnight, baby..."