My Immortal

"I'm so tired of this..." you looked down at your bloodied wrist. The scars seemed to be tattooed into your pale skin. "Why won't this feeling disappear?"

The memories of him flooded your brain. They suffocated you each and every day.

I'm so tired of being here.

Suppressed by all my childish fears.

And if you have to leave, I wish that you would just leave.

Cause your presence still lingers here, and it won't leave me alone.

Your shaking hand reached for the blade that had become a natural part of your daily life. Ever since the day he disppeared, you had been wandering, searching, praying for a way out. You trudged aimlessly through every day as the thoughts tortured you. They never left, haunting you.

These wounds won't seem to heal.

This pain is just too real.

There's just too much that time cannot erase.

You thought back to the day you met. His bright, ocean blue eyes and blonde locks captivated you immediately. And of course, his kindness and intelligence trumped over everyone else you knew. He was perfect to you; everything he said and did made your heart flutter. Even the sound of his name, Armin Arlert, was enough to turn your head.

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears.

When you screamed, I'd fight away all of your fears.

And I held your hand through all of these years.

But you still have

All of me.

The day you confessed was one of the greatest days of your entire life. You poured out your heart to him, almost sobbing with emotion. When he paused, you were afraid. Was this it? Is our friendship over? However, his reaction made you the happiest girl on the planet. His face heated up, turning the color of a strawberry. His flustered form was the cutest thing you'd ever seen, stuttering and stumbling over his words. Ultimately, he accepted your love and returned it tenfold.

You used to captivate me by your resonating light.

Now I'm bound by the life you left behind.

Your face, it haunts my once pleasant dreams.

Your voice, it chased away all the sanity in me.

The thick, red liquid streamed down your scarred wrist as you slashed away with the blade gripped in your fist. You cried, knowing that you'd never see or feel your beloved Armin ever again. His kind smile, his adorable blush, his tender kiss. Nights were lonely, and the thought made you cringe, adding yet another mark to the numerous tallies dried onto your arm.

These wounds won't seem to heal.

This pain is just too real.

There's just too much that time cannot erase.

The day of his departure echoed through your mind. You could see his golden hair blowing in the wind as he rode beside you. It had been two hours into the expedition when the Commander gave the order to retreat. Every formation was turned around, heading back towards the city walls. Of course, there's always one that can't give up the dead. The one dumb enough to go back. The one who would cause tragedy for everyone else around him.

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears.

When you screamed, I'd fight away all of your fears.

And I held your hand through all of these years.

But you still have

All of me.

An entire herd of titans came after you and the others. There was no way to kill them off; the only option was to keep running, hoping to tire them out or beat them to the city. You stayed in your squad, Armin at your right.

As fate would have it, it was his horse that was tripped. It was him that tumbled to the ground. And it was his face you saw, dripping blood from the fall, desperately looking up at you for help. You stopped, despite the order to leave him be. There was no way you would leave Armin behind to die, you couldn't; he was all you had.

Your horse skidded to a stop, immediately turning to rescue the blue-eyed boy. Only seconds before you reached him, he screamed, feeling a giant hand gripping his frail body.

"No! Armin!!"

It wasn't his fault. It wasn't his fault.

If only you had made it.

You're to blame.

It's your fault. It's your fault.

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone.

But though you're still with me,

I've been alone all along

You felt something change suddenly. Your hand stopped shaking. Your eyes stopped crying. The red-stained blade hit the tile floor with a loud clang. A breeze blew by, sending a slight shiver down your spine. Glancing up at the window, you noticed it was closed. A soft feeling brushed your lips, a feeling too familiar. Tears fell down your cheeks as you smiled for the first time since that day.

When you cried, I wiped away all of your tears.

When you screamed, I fought away all of your fears.

And I held your hand through all of these years.

But you still have...

"I love you, Armin."

All of me.