~Chapter Thirty Three~

Start from the beginning

"You're her born again. In a new life. Her-I mean your memories about your previous life are probably there. Just buried deep deep between the walls of your brain." Mr. Greek God Jerk Bad Boy explains to me. "You are born again in a new life, you aren't completely the same as you were many, many years ago. You are basically a new person but the old you is still there. Just buried very very deep within you." Shifting in his arms, I turn to face him. I tilt my head in confusion as I look up at him.

"How do I resurface the memories then?" I ask him. If I'm her, I want to know everything about my previous life. If I really am her, I can be in a lot of danger. I mean, the girl killed herself because she knew she'd be in danger if she lived on. She knew that she could cause a lot of danger. I mean, I knew. I think. Should I say I? This is all so confusing! Why is it always my life that gets so messed up and complicated? 

"You want to remember?" Sophie asks me, her eyes going wide with shock as her jaw is left ajar. I give her a quizzical look. Why wouldn't I want to remember my past life? A life where I was practically a dangerous weapon for the world? A life where I killed myself to keep the world safe? 

"Duh. In my past life, I killed myself to keep the world safe. I was dangerous. I want to know exactly why that is. I want to know exactly how powerful I am, what I can do, and most importantly why the alpha wants me and how I can protect myself and everyone I love and care about. Also, so that I can save my dad." I respond to her like it's the most obvious thing in the world, whispering the last part. It hurts me to think of whats happened to him, and how long he's suffered without anyone knowing a single thing. My mother was lead to believe that he left her, left us! I was being told, my whole life, that he left me! That he didn't love me! 

Shaking my head to clear my head. Bringing my gaze to the king, I repeat my question. "So, how do I remember?" The king watches me for a second, seeming to be trying to read me. I make myself look confident and strong so that he won't refuse me of getting those memories out. 

Finally, after a few minutes, the king lets out a sigh, before sitting forward in his chair and entwining his fingers on top of his desk. I guess I pulled of the look quite well, or he figured that I wasn't going to stop trying to get the memories. 

"There two ways that I'm familiar with. You can either get your memories out through hypnotizing or reading or hearing about your past and learning and using your magic. The hypnotizing is extremely dangerous, it's a big risk. You can die from it if you go too deep into your memories. You can get stuck in your memories and can die through your memory of dying. You can also survive through it, but wake up with only the memories of your past life, your memories of this life completely washed away. Or, you can survive, wake up with the memories of your past life but still be your current self with all of your memories. Perfectly fine." The king explains the first method. To be honest, this hypnotizing thing scares me. I don't want to die! Nor do I want to wake up with only the memories of my past life, thinking that I'm that person and not myself. The second option sounds much better even though he hasn't explained it yet. It's pretty self explanatory.         

"And the second option?" I encourage the king to continue. 

"The other way is, by trying to remember your memories through reading or hearing about your previous life, get flashbacks. Also, trying to learn spells and reciting them, practicing your powers." The king explains. Spells? Powers? But I don't have the powers or the ability to cast spells or do real witch magics. I would've known that by now. I tried to cast spells and see if I can do more magic when I was younger when I found out about the powers I do have.

"But the only powers I have are telekinesis and telepathy, and I only use them when necessary." I say, my voice lacing with confusion. Do I have more powers? Did I not try hard enough when I was trying to see if I had more powers? Wait...I did try to build a shield around myself when everyone was keeping me from going to save my dad. I can't normally do that. So, does my subconscious know that I'm more than just a witch figment? Are my memories actually resurfacing?