"The Blues are playing," Harry explained before he started to point out individuals to his new worker. "That's the forward line there. And that's the goalie, believe it or not."

"Hello!" someone called from the private room window.

Lynette glanced over to see Tommy there on his own. As she picked up the three pint glasses she had just poured, she turned to look at the woman beside her. "Grace, can you get that?"

Grace nodded before approaching the window, allowing Lynette to continue serving more punters. She did not pay attention to the window, and only noticed that Grace had served the Shelby man when she came over to mutter to Harry and herself.

"He's one of them you warned me about?"

"Look, Grace, you're a friendly girl but be careful." Harry warmed her, while the other barmaid simply nodded in response. "If I say something's on the house, then say nothing to whoever you're serving. If they decide that they want you, then there's nothing anybody could do about it. Lucky for you, since he got back from France, Tommy doesn't want anybody at all."

Harry had turned back to serve more men before their impatience caused them to become rowdy. Lynette noticed the look of annoyance that remained on Grace's face, realising that the second Shelby brother must have upset her.

"Ignore whatever Shelby said," the Scottish woman advised as she leaned over to whisper to Grace. "He can definitely be an arse at times, but he's just sizing you up 'cause you're new. Just keep your head down when he's in here, yeah? Trust me you'll get used to it."

Grace nodded at the woman, muttering a 'thank you' before they returned to serving the busy crowd that surrounded the bar.

..............................

Later that night, Lynette walked home alone with a smile on her face as she thought about the amusing scene that she had witnessed during her shift. She had witnessed all sorts in The Garrison, but never did she imagine she would watch the burly men sing a song about a woman waiting on her lover. Grace had really brought out a new side to the visitors with her singing, a side that Lynette enjoyed to watch but not participate in.

The fun had ended quite abruptly with the arrival of the Shelby brothers and other members of the Peaky Blinders. Shortly after their appearance, Harry had sent her home as a thank you for the extra work she had done the day previously when she helped to clear up after Danny's breakdown. Lynette had accepted the offer, waving to Grace as she left, who seemed quite gloom after her singing was interrupted.

The cold aid nipped at her neck as she left the local pub, heading down the long street in the direction of Watery Lane. Her peaceful stroll home was interrupted as she noticed the sound of footsteps not far behind her. Her instincts told her to be wavy, because of this she purposely took the wrong turn from her destination.

Lynette kept her breath steady as she reached up to find the golden hair piece that held up her edges of her hair in a twirled knot. She calmly removed the item to avoid suspicion, which allowed the boldly coloured hair to cascade down her back.

Lynette brought the item in front of her, removing the cap of the metallic item to reveal a razor blade concealed inside. Growing up in Glasgow had taught her how to defend herself, and she wasn't about to go down like a defenceless woman.