Prologue

"You know you have your own room, right?" Y/N asked, looking to her elder sister over her book. Allison looked back at her and stuck her tongue out.

"I'm your older sister - be nice to me,"

"You're my older sister - get the fuck out of my room," Y/N laughed, throwing her pillow from behind her at Allison. Allison pouted at her and caught it.

"That's no way to treat your Queen," she sniffed. Y/N rolled her eyes at Allison.

"Not yet you're not," Y/N noticed the subdued smile on Allison's face and her own morphed into one of concern. She kicked at her older sister's foot. "You okay, Ally?"

"Just..." Allison let out a long sigh before lolling her head over to look at Y/N. "Do you think this whole... Selection thing is a good idea?" Y/N shrugged.

"Dad seems to think people will like you more after it," she smirked at her sister. "And believe me, Ally, you need all the help you can get," Allison laughed and shook her head. "It'll be fine, I promise. You may even find the love of your life," she winked. Allison looked away from her sister.

"I'm not looking for the love of my life - I'm looking for the people to like me," she admitted.

"What a sad little life you must lead," Y/N teased. Allison laughed out loud and threw Y/N's pillow back at her.

"Hey!"

"Princess Y/N?" The words were accompanied by a nervous knock at the door. Immediately Allison's face smoothed out of the easy-going grin and she stood from Y/N's bed to straighten out her dress. Y/N rolled her eyes at her sister but she, too, stood and walked over to the door.

Anne on the other side dropped into a deep curtsy upon seeing two royals in the room.

"The Selection is about to begin, your highness, I was asked to collect you two," Anne explained, her head still turned to the floor.

"Thank you, Anne," Y/N nodded, ensuring her serene smile remained plastered on her face. She turned back to her sister. "You ready?" Allison let out a long sigh and nodded, setting her jaw.

"As I'll ever be."

A/N so this is the prologue to the Tom Holland series I've started on my tumblr based off of The Selection books by Kiara Kass!! I hope you guys enjoy reading it!! As a side note if any of y'all want to help me out by making a cover for the series it would be so appreciated (full credit given ofc I just suck at those kinds of things)