Chapter 13 - Always a Victim

Start from the beginning

Just then Ryan appeared and oh god - I placed him next to Daniel, better swop that situation! "Hey Ry" I motion for Ryan to come sit beside me, but he's already on the other side of the long table making his way next to Daniel. I look behind me to see where Alexia is, but she's not there. I move my handbag from his place setting and look back again. Nothing. That's odd.

"Where's Lex?" Daniel asks him after he's settled and greeted the team members around him.

"Oh she's not feeling too great, must've eaten something funny."

"She's not coming?" I ask shocked, I just saw her she looked fine. Something isn't adding up. Why would he leave her if she wasn't feeling well anyway? Surely he'd stay in. Annnd She'd message me?? What is going on?

He shakes his head at my question. "Should I go check on her, Is she okay?" now anxious to see her.

"She's fine, but I'm sure you can check on her later, she's trying to sleep now."

Okay is it just me or is he acting fucking strange!? "You sure? I'd feel better." I say interrupting his conversation with Daniel and Nico. They all look at me and Ryan looks particularly offended by my question. Daniel looks confused and Nico took a sip of his water.

I don't wait for his answer "I'm just going to run upstairs quickly, I'll be right back."

I grab my phone off the table and half jog to the elevator. I dial Lexi's number and wait for the connection tone. It's dead. Damn elevators. There's no signal. This just fuels my worry. I get out on her floor and start running to her door. Something about this whole thing doesn't seem right. I knock twice first and wait, there's no answer. I knock again a few more times and then urgently, repeatedly all at once.

The door opens and the sight before me is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Her face covered in dark red patches, makeup running down her cheeks from crying. She's bleeding from her lip and right cheek, completely swollen. She has bright pink hand marks around her neck. She's in her underwear, barely able to stand. Her ribs on her left side are red and swollen too.

"What the fuck did he do?" My voice breaks and I burst into tears. I put my arm under hers and support her back, closing the door behind me. I help her to lay down on the bed. I see her phone smashed in the far corner, chairs and mugs thrown all over the room. There's blood on her pillow from where she was laying before.

"What can I do Lex?" Begging her to tell me how to help her. I'm shocked and I'm starting to have an anxiety attack. I don't know what to do!

"Water. Please, Jen." She manages to get out. Quickly I run to the kitchenette and fill a glass. I hand it to her and she drops it, unable to hold it she's shaking so badly. I run to the bathroom and get a towel to clean up the mess. I come back and she's gagging like she's about to throw up, I can't do this alone. I need to get some help!

I quickly get her up, she's wimping and shrieking out in pain, but we make it to the toilet. I pull back her hair and she winces before emptying her stomach contents. We stay there for a bit to make sure she's finished. I help her back to the other side of the bed, where it's dryer. "Lex I have to go and get some help okay, I'll be right back." She's in and out of consciousness and I pray as I reach the elevator that she's still awake when I get back.

I walk up to the table and don't dare look at Ryan. I bend behind Nico's chair "Nic, get up calmly with me now. I need your help. It's Lex."

He turns around and looks at me clearly confused but worried.

Nico's POV

"Nic, get up calmly with me now. I need your help. It's Lex." What? I turn around to see Jen, evidence of tears in her eyes.