Prologue

She looked down at her two newborn babies, twins- a boy and a girl. They were so beautiful, yet she knew that she couldn't keep them both, one of them had to be given up for adoption. The decision was tearing her apart.

"Mrs. Valdez", she turned to look at the nurse. She had perfect strawberry-blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail and bright blue eyes, she was young, probably no more than 25. "Have you made your decision?"

She looked down at the two babies in her arms. She could stop this now, she could tell them that she changed her mind. She could take up Hephaestus' offer and send one to Olympus.

But no she couldn't. She wanted them to have experience in the mortal world, hope for a normal life. She sighed. Fighting every instinct in her body, she reluctantly handed over the little girl, Lia.

"I know it's hard," the nurse smiled, mimicking sympathy as she took her little girl away from her. Anger rose within her. She had no idea how hard this is. She clutched little baby Leo closer to her chest.

As the nurse walked down the hall, the little girl started to wail. At that moment her heart broke in two. She whispered to the baby sleeping Leo, "I'll never let anything happen to you m'ijo."

---------------------------------------------

The young nurse carried the wailing baby down the sterile hospital halls. She would contact family in Virginia, they would take this little one in. It would take a few years because her cousin had just gotten pregnant, but they would do it. She smiled, she was going to help this baby.

---------------------------------------------

**AN- That's the prologue! I will try to post chapters once or twice a week. The POVs will switch between Leo and Lia. Hope you liked it!

-faultinourstars23