letter zeven

dear tix,

i felt excited today, tix. i felt excited because i saw him again, and he actually spoke to me!

it happened when i had just ended my shift. I was sipping on my apple juice, scribbling in my notebook and listening to Alt-J when someone sat next to me at my local coffee shop.

i didn't look up, i figured every table was full, but i opened my eyelids some more just to see a dark figure through my black eyelashes. "what are you writing?"

i recognized his voice immediately. My body shivered, and my eyes locked with his. i stuttered "nothing", closing my notebook at the same time. "why did you write 'i don't have a phone' on the back of your notebook?"

"you are full of questions aren't you?"

he smiled, but i could still see the sadness in his eyes. "it's a joke between me and my friend."

"tell me." His eyes pleaded.

"people these days take out their phone when they feel uncomfortable, or if they are in a new situation where they just want to feel discrete. With this written on my notebook i'm trying to say that we should stop depending on social media and just read a book."

"That's kind of far-fetched, don't you think?"

i liked him already, tix.

And maybe, just maybe, i already liked him a little bit too much.