Twenty-Seven

A/N - there is a major time skip in this chapter. So, I'd say it's four or five months after last chapter. Elton has moved out and Jake has moved in, just so y'all weren't confused.

Today, we were going to film for Sam and Colby's channel. The whole crew, minus Corey and devyn, we're here. Sam and Colby's friend Jake was here. We were going to play hide and seek in an abandoned YMCA Sam and Colby explored.

I invited Natalie along.

They found a way in and we started the video.

"So, unfortunately guys. Corey, devyn and smokey said no. So, they aren't here." Colby started.

They explained where we were and what we were doing. "I'm so nervous." Kat told me, wrapping her arms around mine. "I'm going in the basement." I whispered so they couldn't hear. "What are you guys? Are you like plotting a prank or something?" Sam laughed, looking at us. "Yes, Sam. We're going to prank you." I said in a duh tone

We teamed up. Obviously, Natalie and I were going together. Xepher and jat, Aaron and Jake, tavan and Joey. Or course, Sam and Colby were the seekers.

We explored around and then we separated to find our spots.

"Wait, no. Court, there's probably serial killers down there." Natalie said, pulling on my arms. "It's fine, I've been here like a thousand times." I told her. I literally have. No one knows this, but in high school and middle school I used to come here all the time to mess around with my friends. Not like do drugs or anything, but we'd play games like these.

We walked around and found a spot, then waited.

"So, how are you and Colby?" She asked as we sat down in a corner. "We're good. He's going on tour with Sam in a month. He's super excited." I told her. "Really? You gonna be okay?" She asked. "Yeah, I'll be okay. He actually told me this time. Plus, it's not like we haven't been apart for that long before." I said.

It had been a while, and we've been sitting for about 30 or 40 minutes just talking. No one came down. I got a text from Colby.

Colbs: where are you? We found everyone but we've been looking for you for the past 15 minutes. I'm getting worried.

"Colby texted me." I laughed. She laughed too and said to just wait.

Me: come find us. Isn't that the point of hide and seek. As long as I've played it, the game doesn't end until everyone is found. Even the last people don't come out. Good luck 😅

Colbs: but where are you. We searched this entire place.

Me: fine, meet you in the pool area.

"Get up." I said. We walked to the pool area and everyone was standing there. "Where in hell were you guys?" Sam asked, pointing the camera at us. "We were in the basement." I laughed. "What?" Colby asked with a smile. "Yeah, did you guys just veto going in?" I asked. "Yeah, we didnt think anyone had the balls to go in." Colby told us. "Well, now we know who has the balls here." I raised my eyebrows at him. "Daanngg." Sam said. "What do you mean? You didn't go down either." Colby said. "You literally. The first part was quick. Like we found everyone in minutes. Then it turned into we couldn't find you two."

"It was chill. We just sat and talked the whole time." She said. I nodded. "I told Colby good luck because I know this place inside and out." I told them. "Wait, you been here before?" San asked. "Yeah. Me and a huge group of my friends used to come here almost every weekend in middle school through high school, and do dumb shit like this." I informed them. "So you're an explorer?" Colby said in the brolby voice. "I guess." I shrugged. "I like this place though. It's cool to me. I've been coming here so long that I'm just not fazed by anything. I'd go anywhere in here in the dark."

"Fuck no, you're crazy." Jake said. I just shrugged. "The best people are." I smiled.

We messed around for a little longer, then I separated the group. I jumped down into the pool, there wasn't any water, and it must've scared everyone because they all jumped and looked my way.

"Sup guys." I laughed. "Colby, you're girlfriends insane." Tavan told him.

"Where's my dinner, bitch?" I asked, still standing in the pool.

"Um, I don't know. Colby, where is her dinner?" Sam turned to him.

I once again seperated from the group. I haven't been here in years so I wanted to see if anything changed. "Where's my girlfriend?" I heard Colby say as they walked into another room.

I walked upstairs, then made a huge bang. "Yo, yo. Where's Courtney, where's Courtney?" I heard Colby's loud voice ask. Now I felt bad.

"We have to go!" I heard someone else say. "No way in hell am I leaving without her, man." Colby said.

I found a passageway out and went around. I saw they were all huddled by the window. I snuck up by it with my flashlight turned off.

"Hey guys." I said, sticking my head in. "Oh my god. How in-" Sam said, bending down and holding his heart. "Did I not say I knew this place inside and out?" I laughed.

We all left but got stopped. "Hey, Courtney." One of the homeless guys said to me. "Oh, hey Derrick." I laughed. "You know?" Sam asked. "Yeah, j told you guys. I've been coming here for years. You didn't think I wouldn't know people?" I laughed. "How you doing?" I asked. "Um, well. About as well as a homeless person can be." He answered. "Oh, I'm sorry. Hope it gets better." I said out of sympathy. "You weren't doing anything bad here?" He asked. "No, no. These guys are cool, their cool." I said. "Getting back into old habits?" He said making me laugh. "Yeah, these two brought that side of me out tonight." I said, pointing to Sam and Colby. "This one yours?" He asked, pointing to Colby. Who had this look on his face. "Yeah, he's mine." I laughed, taking his hand in mine.

"Take good care of her, man. She's a keeper, ain't done bad by no one." He told him. "I will." Colby smiled. "Well, I hope you guys had fun. Glad you didn't make noise, there's about five of us sleeping." He said. "No problem man." Sam said. Then he walked away. I heard Colby sigh, as his grip on my hand got tighter. "You good babe?" I laughed. "That scared the shit out of me. I thought I was going to have to beat the shit out a homeless man." He said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and holding me close. "Yeah, he's pretty chill. I could tell he was surprised to see me here at night. I never came here at night. As he said, people sleep here every night so." I said.

We did the outro then went back home.