Chapter 25

"You. Met. Ironman?" Jess asked as we walked through the hallway of our school.

It had been a couple of days since the day The Shocker came to Midtown. The school decided to give us the rest of the week off to "recuperate" and I was all for it.

It had also been a couple of days since I last Peter. Happy dropped me and him off at our apartments after Tony was finished with all of his "tests." Which was just a blood sample and a saliva test. He told me that he would let me know what he found out whenever he got the results in.

It was weird, having Tony Stark know about my powers. Honestly anyone besides Megan and Jess knowing about my powers was a shock. It used to just be the three of us, but within a couple of weeks, multiple other people have found out. I have been doing my best to not be overwhelmed by it all.

Responding to Jess, I said, "Yep."

"How are you not freaking out?" Jess asked, or yelled. "You met a freaking Avenger! How are you so calm?"

"Jess, shh," I responded, reminding her to be quiet. I didn't want everyone to know about my encounter with two Avengers. I don't want my classmates thinking anything. Not to mention, my head still probably had a couple injuries from my encounter with the Shocker and anything too loud made my head pound.

Luckily, the cut on my forehead had healed up mostly. Usually, I healed relatively quickly whenever I got minor cuts or injuries, I just had to sleep a lot and drink lots of water.

Realizing how loud she was, Jess closed her mouth, signaling her silence.

"I have to go to class, but I can tell you guys everything at lunch," I said, tucking my short hair behind my ear as we stopped outside Advanced Biology.

"You better," Jess said, pointing a finger at me, "and I'm sure that Meg would want to here everything as well."

I nodded, chuckling to myself, "Okay, we'll see. Now go to class before we're late." I turned Jess around and pushed her further into the hallway.

"You promise?" Jess yelled across the hallway at  me, earning a couple interested glances. "At lunch?"

I shook my head, laughing. Jess's lack of shame and complete and utter confidence always amused me.

"Yes," I mouthed at her, hoping she could see me over the hoards of students heading to their first class. Eventually, Jess headed onto her class and I headed into mine.

Walking into Advanced Biology, I saw that Peter was already in his seat at our lab counter. His head was down as he was looking at something on his computer. He wore a short sleeve button up plaid shirt, and I could see dark marks peeking above the collar of his shirt. Probably from when Herman almost choked him to death last week.

"What are you watching?" I asked, setting my backpack down on the floor next to the stool.

Noticing my presence, he looked up from his laptop, "Oh hey."

"Hey," I responded, sitting in the seat next to him.

"You need to watch this," Peter said, pushing his computer my way, "someone got a video of what happened last week."

I looked at the screen and my mouth opened a little bit.

It was me.

I was wearing that awful green hoodie and sequined mask and was using my vines to stop Herman from choking Peter. The quality of the video wasn't great, it looked like someone just took it on their phone as they hid in one of the classrooms.

    "Looks like you're famous now," Peter said, keeping his voice in order to make it so no one could hear us. I read the title of the video.

    NEW SUPERHERO IN NEW YORK CITY?????