Chapter one: lose one, find one

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here."

"What is it?" Will asked on edge

"What if it's the Demogorgon? Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon" Dustin rubbed his forehead in worry at the thought

"It's not the Demogorgon," Lucas told Dustin as he looked at him

"An army of troglodytes charges into the chamber!" Mike slammed a piece onto the table

"Troglodytes?" Dustin was confused

"Told Ya" Lucas started to laugh along with everyone at the table until Mike spoke again.

"Wait a minute. Did you hear that? That that sound? Boom Boom Boom! That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that That came from something else. The Demogorgon!"

The party panicked but were tuned out by a certain black-haired male, in the corner was an eight-foot-long bean bag with a muscular boy on it. He had black hair, a black t-shirt, and a black pair of pants.

This was Bruce, a child with a huge secret and a bad past. He was currently reviewing a plan that involved the blueprint of a building, he circled a certain area and made a path leading away from the building before crossing a three out from the corner and writing 'two days away'

He was interrupted as everyone started to get up and look around while Mike left the basement. Bruce put the plan under the bean bag before laying on it and covering himself with a blanket, he waited for a few minutes as everyone left the basement.

He was about to close his eyes but stopped when he heard the basement door open as Karen came down.

She stopped midway down the stairs and looked at him "goodnight Bruce"

He looked at her with a smile "night Mrs. Wheeler"

She smiled before walking up the stairs and turning the main lights off as Bruce closed his eyes a drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bruce woke up to the sound of Mikes' voice "hey, wake up Bruce"

He groaned before Mike walked back upstairs, he got up and stretched before changing into a clean version of the same clothes. He then went upstairs to see everyone at the table with their own plate except for an empty seat with the same food in front of it.

He sat in the chair before eating, seconds later Katen got up with Holly in her arms to answer the ringing phone.

While she was walking Mike put syrup on his scrambled eggs as Nancy looked at him "that's disgusting"

Mike smiled as he retaliated "you're disgusting"

Karen picked up the phone "hello? Oh, Joyce, hi"

At the table, Mike poured syrup onto Nancy's eggs "What the hell, Mike?"

Ted stopped eating and looked at Nancy and spoke at the same time as Karen "Hey! Language"

"Quiet!"

"Are you kidding?" Nancy gave a shocked look at her dad

Karen ignored them and continued talking as Brice listened to her "Will? No, no, no, it's just Mike....No, he left here a little bit after 8:00. Why? He's not home?"

She hung up the phone and went back to the table as everyone kept eating, once Mike and Bruce finished they got up and started to get ready for school.  Once they were done they quickly left the house and got on their separate bikes before peddling their way to school and meeting up with Lucas and Dustin on the way.