15

Lyra (2)

"I don't think this location is going to work either!" My father grumbled.

The new mission was to get Korra into the spirit world to close the portal from the inside before an evil spirit could escape.

I groaned, "Here we go again."

We were at the third attempt already to get her in because my father was being extremely difficult and every little thing just wasn't perfect enough.

"What is the matter with that man." My mother sighed. I chuckled, "He's your husband."

"He's your father." She retorted.

"He's my father too!" Ikki pouted which only made Meelo join in. "And me!"

"He was mine first!" Ikki taunted Meelo which broke out a small argument between the two. I playfully rolled my eyes before looking to Jinora who seemed to be in her own world.

She was smiling ear to ear while looking up to the sky. I followed her gaze but I saw nothing.

"What are you looking at, Nora?" I asked her as I walked over to her side. I put a hand on her back, waiting for her answer.

"Oh, uh... nothing." She shrugged. I furrowed my brows, "What's going on?"

Jinora shook her head. "Nothing is going on."

"I've never been into the spirit world." We all overheard my father admit. Everyone looked at each other with shocked expressions.

"Did he just say what I think he said?" Bumi asked.

As everyone went into the hall to join the two, I turned back to Jinora. I kneeled down to her, giving her a reassuring smile. "You can tell me. I won't get you in trouble."

Jinora sighed as she hesitantly looked around. She leaned into my ear, covering the sides of her mouth as she did so. "I can see spirits."

I slightly widened my eyes. "You can? That's amazing, Nora. And they're here right now?"

She nodded with a smile. "They like to play and they're really friendly."

"You know who I think needs their help? Dad and Korra." I said. "Do you think they'd be friendly enough to help?"

She slowly nodded. "I think so."

"Great." I stood up and gently grabbed ahold of her hand. The interaction made me think of Aimi, but I pushed it away as fast as it came.

"There might be another way." I announced as Jinora and I walked in. They all turned to us with different expressions. I slightly pushed Jinora forward.

"Jinora? She is too young and untrained to have any knowledge about spiritual matters." My father said. I shook my head, "You're wrong, Dad. Just listen to her."

"I think I do know where Korra needs to go to get into the spirit world." Jinora said.

"And how would you know that?" My father asked.

"My spirit friends showed me." She slightly looked up and reached her arms out. "It's okay. You can show yourselves."

One by one, a different colored spiritual bunny appeared. Everyone was stunned, including me.

"How did you do that?" My father breathed out.

"Bunnies!" Meelo exclaimed.

"Actually, they're dragonfly-bunny spirits." Jinora corrected. Aunt Kya leaned down and placed her hand on Jinora's shoulder. "I knew it! Looks like she does know something about spiritual matters."

The spirit bunnies flew out of the hall with Meelo and Ikki chasing them. I walked out with my father and sister.

"How long have you been able to do this?" My father asked her.

"I don't know. I guess I've always kind of had a connection with spirits.

"Are they here to help?" Korra asked. Jinora pointed to where the spirit bunnies flew. "I think they want you to go down there."

"I don't know. The spiritual energy is historically strongest near the temple." My father said.

"No offense, but I'm guessing the spirits have actually been to the Spirit World, so I'm gonna follow them." Korra smirked.

"If we need to go to the Tenzin World, we'll call you." Uncle Bumi joked. I chuckled mostly because I couldn't take him seriously with one of the bunnies on his shoulder.

"If this doesn't work then we'll continue with your knowledge, dad." I patted his arm but he still kept somewhat a frown.