We had plans for the rest of the day although that mainly consisted of a visit to the grocery store. Time off work meant more time in the kitchen which was something Renleigh always wanted to pursue but never found the opportunity. Now, that she was pretty much forbidden from going to work, we had all the time in the world to enhance her cooking skills.

"So, I didn't tell you this because it wasn't set in stone until this morning but Zayn is flying in tonight," she shared the news. "He obviously doesn't know that we're fine and we're together so I was thinking I could get him from the airport and fill him in on what happened so he won't barge at you as soon as he lands."

"Do you really think he would want to hurt me?" I asked as I placed the vegetables in the trolley. Renleigh always volunteered to push it and I had no problem with it. If it would have been up to her to buy ingredients, we most likely would have lived off of pre-made, frozen food. Not that there is anything wrong with that because most of the time, that's what I ate as a student but with how strict our diet was, we couldn't live off of processed food.

"He is pretty protective over the people he cares about and since I'm his number one best friend, I would say it'd probably be your turn to visit the hospital but with a broken arm," she joked.

"Look at you—finally people by your side who are willing to break bones," I chuckled and pressed a kiss on her head as I walked behind her to get something off of the shelf.

"Took me majority of my life to find the right people but at least I did."

"So, he is coming then and you are picking him up to sweet talk him so he won't come at me."

"That's the plan," she nodded. "You know he is very understanding and being a dad only made him softer," she joked and I chuckled. Right. Zayn was a dad. He had a baby coming and that was honestly so amazing.

"Aren't they throwing a baby shower or something? A gender reveal or whatever it is that he briefly mentioned the last time you spoke?"

"Yeah. I guess he is gonna be talking to us about that. Probably bring the invitation because you know how he is," she rolled her eyes with a smile. "I also feel like he is going to ask me to be the kid's godmother and I don't know if I wanna agree to it."

"Why do you think that? Did he say he was thinking about it?"

"Not in those words but when I was FaceTiming them, I could tell they wanted to ask about it. Zayn obviously knows I'm not a fan of kids so I'm not sure if that kept them from the topic or the fact that I haven't been Christened and so technically, I couldn't be the godmother."

"Well, to my knowledge, as long as one of the two parents is Christened, there is nothing stopping the other from being one, too."

"Are you suggesting that you become the kid's godfather?" she asked me with a slowly growing smirk.

"If he is gonna ask you to be the godmother and you truly want that but think that you not being Christened is going to stop you from it, then I will offer to be the godfather, yes," I said. Then thought about it. "Well... I will offer if he won't put me in the ground before my time."

"Stop," she chuckled. "And, okay, good because I think I want to do it."

"Alright then, it's settled. We're gonna be godparents if the Malik's ask us."

• • •

I felt like I would have lied if I said I wasn't shitting this. I haven't seen Zayn since he moved to New York with Renleigh. He was never really around when I did visit my girlfriend because he said he wanted to give us the space and time since we couldn't see each other much. And now that we were going to see each other and things have happened since we last did, I wasn't sure how to feel calm about it all.