Prologue

Edited

Alpha Kaiden is the most powerful alpha in the world, known by every single werewolf there was. From young to old, weak to strong, nice to evil. Everyone loved him, but they also feared him, for he was a force not to be reckoned with. And you'd regret it if you did. Oh, you'd regret it so much.

Charlie is just another girl, living a normal life with her best friend, Clarrisa, and her twin sister, Tanium. Both her mother and father gone, she becomes the parent figure in the house her parents left behind when they passed. It wasn't easy, but the two girls learned to manage. After all, you can't expect someone to save you in the times you need saving the most.

Alpha Kaiden meets Charlie one day, and boy, was it a surprise for her. Or maybe not? It could possibly be more of a surprise for him than her, considering he didn't even want a mate, and he wasn't supposed to want one. 'Mates only bring you down, ' his father had once told him. His father couldn't be more right and wrong, at the same time. Throw in possessiveness and jealousy for the Alpha, as well as a hot boy best friend for the human, now that's just trouble waiting to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you want?" I sighed in exasperation, just wanting to go home and sleep.

"Do you want me to answer that honestly?" Kaiden asked me.

"No, I want you to lie so I'll have to be with longer to figure out the truth... Yes I want you to be honest!" I shout at him.

He looked at me with a weird gaze and opened his mouth to speak. I could see his breath in the cold winter air.

"I want you." He spoke quietly, his beautiful eyes staring straight into the depths of my ocean blue ones.

I squinted at him and threw my arms up in the air.

"I'm out!" I shout. "I know that's the truth because of the look you're giving me, but I'm out and I'm going to bed. Good night." I spit out my words as fast as possible and ran off of his porch, all the way back to my house and into the comfort of my warm bed.

What a weirdo, I think as I lay in my bed, letting my body get used to the warm temperature as I was just outside in a tank top and shorts for half an hour. But I like it. I like him.