~5~

It was dawn. Max was sitting on her bed, doing her math homework and helping Mikey with his English one. Little Mikey has already forgotten that he was mad at his sister yesterday. He was too caught up doing his homework.

"Let's take a break," Mikey said, throwing a pencil on the floor. "Fine" Max sighed, closing her red notebook and getting up. She grabbed her phone, and as she was walking downstairs for some water, she considered texting Billy.

Max: Heyyy

Max sent the text and waited. She sighed and drank her water then grabbed the phone to see that he replied.

Billy: hi?

Max: I'm Max if you haven't noticed

Billy: oh lol

Max: how are your superpowers?

Billy: they're doing well

Max: lol how's Freddy?

Billy: he's fine, being the usual annoying nerd he is

Max: LMFAO

Billy: so Freddy told me your house is pretty close

Max: yup!

Billy: wanna come over tonight?

Billy: we could eat snacks and maybe watch a movie, I mean if you want

Max: I would love to!

Max: just gotta ask my parents first

Billy: okay then

Max headed to the living room where her parents were and sighed, expecting a no. "Mom, can I please go to my friends' house?" she said, looking at Angel with puppy dog eyes. "Honey, you're doing your homework now" her mom replied. "Not now! I meant tonight. I'll finish my homework then I'll go" she said loudly. Angel didn't reply, she sat there thinking. "Mommy, please! I-I'll be back at nine. Their house is like-four blocks away so it's safe. Please!"

"Alright, just take Mikey with you"

"YAY-wait what?!"

"You either take em' with you or you're not going at all"

"Okay. Fine, fine"

~~~

Max threw on her oversized blue superman sweater along with her baggy jeans. She brushed the locks out of her hair, put on some lip balm, and wore her big black coat. Meanwhile, Mikey got dressed.

"Come on!" Max said, grabbing Mikey's hand and dragging him downstairs. "Bye, mom! Bye dad!" they said as Max unlocked the door. The duo started walking in the cold wind. The snow was falling down and softly hitting theirs and every passerby's bodies. "I wish I brought a scarf" Max whispered.

After walking for around ten minutes, they stopped in front of a nice house. Max popped her finger out of her coat's sleeve and rang the doorbell. She waited there and seconds later, a woman with shoulder-length hair and dark, kind eyes opened the door for them.

"Hi, there! You must be Max. Come in!" the woman said, gesturing for the two to come in. "Thanks. Uh-I brought my little brother if-if that's okay" Max said, pointing at Mikey who was still shyly holding her hand. The woman opened her mouth to reply but got stopped by Darla. "MAX!" Darla yelled, running up to her and giving her a huge, tight hug. "Darla! It's kind of weird that you still remember my name" Max giggled as she hugged her back. "Of course I do! You're my friend!" Darla replied, her face buried in Max's chest.

"Die! DIE!" a kid yelled from what Max assumed was the living room. "That's Eugene. He's playing a videogame so he doesn't mean it" Darla said, pulling from the hug. "Um, Mikey? How about you go hang out with Eugene? I'm sure you'll get along very well" Max said, gently pushing her brother to the living room. By that time, the woman was already gone to the kitchen with a man.

"This is Pedro. He doesn't talk much" Darla said, pointing at a chubby boy who just nodded at Max. A pretty girl walks in all of a sudden. "Hi! I'm Mary" the girl said, shaking her hand. "Max," she said. "I'll be in my room upstairs if you need anything," Mary said before she ran upstairs. "Billy's upstairs and-" Darla got cut off by Billy. "Ah, there you are"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(word count: 664)

A/N: I don't really like this but here is another chapter no one asked for :)