As soon as she reached the upper level, covered in a thin layer of sweat, she quickly made room for Octavia by shuffling away on her bottom. The screams leaving Jasper's mouth sounded more awful here than in camp, and Katherine quickly scrambled up, to carefully walk into a faraway corner. She wasn't used to this much sound. 

"Stop it! You're killing him!" Octavia cried out, moving closer to the make-shift table they had laid Jasper on. 

Katherine observed the red glowing knife and the movements Clarke made with it. She looked at Jasper next, whose eyes rolled so far that only the whites of his eyes could be seen. His ashy looking skin, caused Katherine to take a step forward, wanting to help. "Octavia, it's okay, she's cutting away the infected flesh," Katherine tried to soothe the stressed girl. "She's trying to save his life."

"Well, she can't," Bellamy all of a sudden joined in.

"Well hello to you too, sunshine," Katherine muttered, rolling her eyes. She gained unwanted attention from basically everybody in the room, except Jasper, who appeared to be out again. She noticed Clarke looking at her in frustration, Bellamy just shaking his head. 

"We didn't drag him through miles of woods just to let him die," Clarke defended Jasper, looking at Bellamy in disbelief. 

"Kid's a goner," Bellamy said harshly. He made Katherine sincerely hope that Jasper really was out cold. "If you can't see that, you're deluded. He's making people crazy."

"You're the one making people crazy," Katherine scoffed, softly enough for it to go unnoticed. She moved forwards, walking like an old woman with a broken hip, but forwards anyway. She took a seat next to Jasper's head, gently brushing through his sweaty hair. She suddenly felt guilty that she hadn't come up earlier, even though she had been out most of the time as well. 

"Sorry if Jasper's an inconvenience to you, but this isn't the Ark," Clarke snapped back irritably. She looked at Bellamy, daring him to deny it. "Down here, every life matters."

"Take a look at him," Bellamy scoffed as if he had just heard the biggest joke ever. "He's a lost cause."

"Well, you didn't say that when it was Katherine who was bleeding out," Finn all of a sudden joined in, causing Katherine's head to snap up instantly. Finn hadn't really said it a rude way towards her, but Katherine didn't like it anyway. The way it made Bellamy look at her made her feel very small all of a sudden. 

"If only I had known she would have at least been grateful and trying to take it slow," Bellamy snapped back, more towards Katherine than Finn really. Katherine looked up at the older Blake sibling, giving him a nasty glare. She was grateful, but she also realised she owed him. She wondered if he remembered the fact that they had met earlier and that perhaps was the reason that he was so spiteful towards her. 

Katherine just bit her lip, looking at the way Octavia all of a sudden seemed defeated. As she let go of the wet cloth, Katherine grabbed it to dab Jasper's neck softly. She felt how he was burning up and she really hoped Clarke had stopped him from becoming septic on time. If she had not, it really would be the end of him. 

"Octavia, I've spent my whole life watching my mother heal people," Clarke said softly, gaining the younger girl's attention. So had Katherine, but she wondered if she had ever seen a case so grave as Jasper's. "If I say there's hope, there's hope."

"This isn't about hope, it's about guts. You don't have the guts to make the hard choices. I do," Bellamy said, cutting off any forms of hope effectively. "He's been like this for three days. If he's not better by tomorrow, I'll kill him myself."

Katherine doubted it, but she wished he could just leave already. When he moved for the ladder, he gave her one cross look, and then called out for his sister.