"And if I stay at home for three months, I will magically get better? Look, I appreciate your concern and that you worry about me but trying to come between me and my job is something I never let anyone do and you are not going to be any different."

"Your health is coming between you and your job," he said sternly. "Your job put you where you are. Do you understand that?" he tapped his temple with his two fingers and the vein on the left side of his neck popped out as he raised his voice.

"Sure. Okay. My health came between me and my job. I understand," I gave up the fight but not the plan of going to work. Perhaps if he got the last word, if I said he was right, he would drop it and let me go. Then again, I knew him better than that. There was no way he'd let this go. "Anything else?"

"Yes. You are not going to work."

"Do you want your clothes washed? Shall I cook you breakfast? Oh, I will definitely hoover out your car, please pass me your keys," I smiled at him extra sweetly, my voice clearly indicating my annoyance.

"You are acting like a child. You are acting like I'm taking away your whole life."

"Because it bloody feels like you are!" I shouted back, for the first time since we started arguing. "It feels like you are taking away everything I know and love. I don't see why you can't understand that."

Harry stayed quiet and so did I, after that. He watched me and it felt like he was looking into my soul. I didn't know what his next move was going to be or what mine would be but I just knew things will not end well.

"I asked you once if you had to pick between someone and your job, who would you pick. Do you remember that?" he asked me the question carefully and his voice felt cold.

"Yeah."

"And you never answered me."

"I did," I said. "You asked me the question after I gave you my answer."

"I'm going to ask you again as I feel like things have changed since then—if you had to choose between someone and your job, who would you choose?"

"My answer is the same."

"Which means?"

"I'm going with my job," I stated. "Making me choose between someone and something I have worked my arse off for every day is the stupidest thing I have ever known. The fact that you have to ask that, is mind blowing to me."

"Okay."

"Okay?" I asked back when he simply said that one word. "You cause all this drama at half eight in the morning and end it with an okay?"

"I have nothing left to say to you," he said with a shrug of his shoulder. "Go, get to work or wherever the hell you were going," he sounded like he didn't care and it made my chest hurt. He was suddenly completely changed and cold and meanwhile it was most likely because of my answer, I didn't like it.

Also, he never specified who 'someone' was.

"You should have started with that question so we could have ended this half an hour earlier," I rolled my eyes as I picked my bag up from the stool.

"Yeah, I guess I should have," he agreed like he wasn't arsed at all.

I didn't know what to say to that so I just left the kitchen and him in it. Fighting with him a day after everything went back to normal was fucking annoying. I wanted to be on good terms with him but if everything was fine with people around us, then we had something wrong with us. It's like this universe didn't want us to be good to each other and I hated it.