two ♡

"We need a new plan." Veronica whispers to me halfway through English class, making me roll my eyes.

"Like what?" I reply, stopping my doodling in the corner of the page. "Is there anything else we can do?"

"That's why I'm asking you. The booth and welcoming them was my idea. Now it's your turn." She replies. "Besides, you owe me one after earlier."

"Excuse me for loving myself a bit of drama." I huff, before reluctantly giving in. "Okay, how about, during study period, we'll gather the welcoming committee and go introduce ourselves to the Southsiders? Make them feel welcome after Cheryl and Reggie's little stunt."

"And plan C?" She asks in a hushed tone.

"If plan B fails, then we think of a plan C." I reply. "There's only so much we can do, V."

"Where's Archie?" I ask Veronica, once we've gotten every one but him back on board for plan B.

"Oh, I texted him. He says he's busy with basketball tryouts."

"Well, isn't he a lot of help?" I reply sarcastically. "Okay, we're a man down. That's fine. Just turn on the charm. Flirt if you have to."

"I have a boyfriend." My sister says, making me roll my eyes.

"There's nothing wrong with a little harmless flirting."

"Whatever. Fine." She gives in, checking the time. "Text everyone to meet us in the student lounge. Hopefully that's where the Serpents will be."

When Veronica and I walk into the student lounge together at the beginning of study period, everyone else, including the Serpents and Jughead are already there, awkwardly sat there, in complete silence. Apparently, the Serpents have been sat in here for the majority of the day.

"Couldn't they have at least made small talk?" I whisper to Veronica, referring to Kevin and Josie, as we make our way over to them.

"Hi!" I'm the first to talk, getting everyone's attention.

"I don't think we've properly met. Veronica Lodge." Veronica introduces herself to the group of Southside students gathered in the student lounge.

"And I'm Delilah Lodge." I chirp, flicking my perfectly curled hair over my shoulder, letting my gaze wander to the taller serpent.

"Like the Park Avenue Lodges." Jughead says, sticking his pinky up as he eats a potato chip, making me roll my eyes.

"Toni." The pink haired serpent introduces herself, sticking her hand out, and I shake her hand. "Topaz."

Veronica shakes her hand next. "Oh, like the purple-coloured gemstone." Veronica smiles, nodding in approval. "Love it."

"And I'm Josie McCoy." Josie speaks up from next to me. "Formerly of the Pussycats. Now just Josie. And this is Kevin."

Kevin is sat at the other end of the sofa that one of the serpents is sat on, his gaze on the serpent across from him."What's your name?"

"Fogarty." The twizzler eating serpent introduces himself. "Or you can call me Fangs. Your last name's Keller, right?"

How does he know?

"How did you know that?" A confused Kevin voices my question.

"Joaquin and I used to hang out. He talked about you all the time." Fangs says.

Fangs and Kevin stay looking at eachother, a smirk on Fangs' face as they stay inside their own little bubble as the rest of us continue introducing ourselves. Well, looks like Kevin's found his eye candy.