two.

*** READ: hi, ok i changed the faceclaim and name of the ben character. the new faceclaim is benji krol and the name is daniel 'danny' watson !! sorry lol ***

CHAPTER TWO;
EASY LIES.

the dreadfully long football game was nearing the end of its fourth quarter.

having no interest in watching the final play of the game, el's eyes casually scanned the crowded bleachers only to land on mike. he was sat beside dustin, directly in front of the cheerleaders -- likely at candace's request.

el couldn't help but snicker at the irony of it all. she dated the quarterback, he dated the cheer captain. in any movie, it would be daniel and candace sneaking around, but her life was anything but a movie. if anything, it was more of a sleazy, mediocre romance novel.

she felt a forceful hand grabbing her arm. she looked to find that max had reached for her out of instinct, too enthralled in the sport to realize that el was in pain from her death grip. "you better throw that damn ball to him, you dick!" she shouted, going unheard to most due to the loud chants surrounding them in all directions. the student section was a loud, vile place on friday nights.

el's brows furrowed, "who?" she looked to the field to see the ball clasped in daniel's hands before he threw it to lucas.

again, max was very interested in the game and cheering on her boyfriend, "yes, that's my boyfriend, bitches!" el lightly laughed, shaking her head. she caught some girls a few rows ahead look back and glare. they caught el's eyes and quickly flashed fake smiles. she supposed that was a perk of dating daniel. people were kind of nicer, even if it was fake.

el smiled when the final buzzer sounded, ready to go. one thing of many things she hated about football games was how enthusiastic everyone else was. there were bleachers for a reason, yet all anyone wanted to do was stand the entire time. el's feet were really fucking sore.

max asked, "are you sure you can't come to jamie's party? i mean, it's not like your parents would even find out." el had formerly lied to her best friend, claiming that if her parents knew she went to a party when they were in another state, she'd be grounded.

el nodded. "max, my dad is the chief. trust me, he would find it." the lie was vague, but the ginger shrugged, accepting it.

"come on, let's go meet the guys," max clutched her best friends wrist, beginning to pull her down the stands. they pushed the crowds to the field gate where the team exited. el noted the redhead's excitement to greet her boyfriend, and she finds herself trying to mimic it.

minutes pass before the team began to leave the field, and she jumped when max screamed from beside her. she watched her fiery locks flash passed her as she runs to lucas.

"ellie," she heard the familiar voice of her boyfriend. she spun around the find him grinning widely at her. he didn't hesitate to wrap his right arm around her in a side hug, his left arm holding his helmet. "i'm going to go shower really quick, i'm gross. will you wait for me at my car?"

her mouth fell, really not wanting to stand beside his car for 20 minutes. "actually, i was just going to ride with max," she watched as his eyes seemed to narrow in disbelief. she silently sighed, "i'll just go tell her i'm riding with you, okay?"

instantly, his usual perfect smile coated his features once again. "i thought you would change your mind. i have to go, see you in, like, 10 minutes, 'kay?" she nodded and he jogged away, following the same route as the rest of his teammates.

/ / /

the 10 minutes had passed..15 minutes ago. this is why she usually ride with max. he took forever to shower and get his things, most likely spending most of the time talking to his friends.