Chapter 4

Josie's Pov

"Mom, what's wrong?"

"Lizzie came home crying today. When I asked her what was wrong, she told me that you had betrayed her by dating Penelope Park. You know the girl that keeps bullying Lizzie, do you care to explain?", off course she takes Lizzie side, she always does this, when we have an argument, Lizzie would always throw a fit, and mom would always take her side. Dad is never home, so he isn't here to back me up. I have always had a closer relationship with my father were as Lizzie is close to Caroline, our mom. I think the reason that I'm closer with my father is that I remind him of Jo, our biological birthmother. She died when were 2 years old. Caroline had always been a good friend of bio mum, so she helped dad with raising us when Jo died and eventually the two of fell in love and got married.

"I think Lizzie left out the part, that she is just as mean to Penelope as she is to her or what about the fact, that my boyfriend cheated on me with Lizzie and I had to find out about it from Hope", I shouted back.

"Jo, I think it would be better if you don't longer see Penelope", she answered back, totally ignoring the last part I said.

"Yeah, that's not happening anytime soon", and then I left the living room and went to my room, I could hear my mom shout my name, but I just ignored her. That's when I noticed that tears had formed in my eyes and I was now crying. I stayed in my room for the rest of the evening and eventually fell asleep.

I woke up the next day with red puffy eyes. It was 7 am when I woke up, I had about 30 minutes to get ready since school began at 8 am and I didn't want to be late. I was ready by 7:30 am and went downstairs, the kitchen was empty. I was wondering where everybody was and then I found a note; Good morning Jo, I had to leave early for work, I made some breakfast, eat up

- Mum, ps. Lizzie already left.

I tried calling Lizzie, but she didn't take the phone. I don't have my driver's license yet, so Lizzie is always the one driving us to school. I grabbed some breakfast and left the house, I had about 20 minutes to get to school. As I was walking my mind went to yesterday, to my mother's reaction and off course what Lizzie had told her, it sometimes feels she doesn't want me to be happy because every time that I'm, she finds a way to ruin it. I could feel tears form in my eyes again and that's when I noticed a car had stopped next to me.

"Hey, Jojo do you need a ride to school", I could recognize that voice everywhere, it was Penelope. She must have noticed the tears in my eyes because she turned off the engine right away when she looked me in the eye and went out of the car, and walked towards me.

"What's wrong", she said looking at me and then pulled me into a hug, and that's when I began to sob, she just held me tighter and stroke my hair.

"Come on, Jo let's get into the car", she opened the door for me.

"Thanks", she just smiled and went to the driver seat.

"I'm guessing you don't want to go school now", she asked me, I just nodded.

"Alright Jojo, how about we skip the first period? I know a place where we can sit and relax and forget about all of what has happened?"

Penelope's POV

As I was on my way to school, I saw Josie on the way, which was weird, since there was about 15 min to school begins and she usually gets a lift from Lizzie. I decide to stop and ask if she needed a lift and that's when I noticed the tears in her eyes. I immediately stopped the engine, walked out of my car and went to her, I hugged her and asked what was wrong.

I know this place not so far from here, it's in the woods and it's the most beautiful place with a view of the most beautiful lake with clear water, which makes the place more beautiful. Josie didn't speak on the car ride on the way and I didn't push her to talk, I wanted to give her space.

We finally arrived at the woods, and from there we had to walk a little.

"Were finally here", I said grinning.

"Wow, this is really beautiful, how do you know this place?", Josie asked in awe.

"Well, I was at a party last year in the woods and just stumbled upon this place as I was walking around and I have come here ever since if I want to be alone to think or relax. I don't mind sharing this with you as long as you don't tell anyone else, this could be our place", I said with a wink.

We found a place to sit and just watched the lake in a comfortable silence until Josie broke the silence.

"Hey, thank you for showing me this, I really needed it"

"Of course, Jojo, what kind of girlfriend would I be, if I can't help you if your sad", and then I laid my hand on her thigh, she squeezed my hand back.

"So do you want to talk about?", and that's when she told all about what happened last night, how her mother had reacted towards us 'fake dating' and how her mother always sticks with Lizzie which makes her feel neglected.

I saw her looking at me, her eyes flicker to my lips and right back up to my eyes and I did the same thing. And before I knew it, I slowly leaned in and she did the same until our lips touched, we stayed like that for a few seconds until I pulled away, and that Josie eyes still were shut, I rested my forehead against hers.

"Wow", she said.

"If I knew a kiss would a have put smile on those beautiful lips, I would have done it, on the road", she just chuckled at this.

"So My lady, shall we go back to school?", I asked.

"Yeah, let's go"