he sighed, flustered by the sudden change in conversation -- or, more so, the sudden presence of conversation. he shook his head, "why do you want to talk about her?"

sensing his slight irritation with the topic, she shrugs. "just curious, i guess." when she felt his hands begin to release her hips, she tightened her own grasp. "hey, n'uh, c'mere," she beckoned, reclaiming his lips.

only moments later the shrill of the hawkins high school bell pulled them apart. mike groaned, "stupid fucking bell."

she snickered, pushing him away softly. she grabbed her previously discarded jean jacket from the desk in the center of the room, "if i fail my test, it's your fault."

he knew the chances of el failing a test were practically one in a million with her gpa. nonetheless, he smirked, "guess you'll have to punish me, huh?"

she turned around and swatted his back for the absurd comment -- honestly, it wasn't too absurd considering..

shrugging on her jacket, she quipped, "hey, are you going to the party after the game friday night?"

he furrowed his brows, "uh, i might, yeah, why?"

"because," she started with a sickly innocent tone, "i thought, maybe, if something came up and you couldn't go, something might come up for me, too."

be kinked a brow, "yeah?" he reached out a hand, pulling her close, "my house or yours?"

she turned and grabbed his black jean jacket from the desk and pushed it to his chest, "my parents and will are going to chicago to visit jonathan for the weekend."

"your house it is," he decided, taking his jacket from her.

gnawing on her lower lip, she nodded. before she could throw caution to the wind, and accidentally skip her calculus test because of his godforsaken lucious lips, she remembered, "shit, i need to go, but i'll see you friday," she hastily grabbed her folder and discreetly slipped out of the closet, blending into the crowded hallway very easily.

making her way through the bustling hallway, she fished out her notes to look over on her way. school was something she took very seriously, believe it or not.

eleanor was smart. it was kind of exactly what people knew her for at hawkins high -- well, that and being daniel watson's girlfriend. aside from being top in her class, she was dating the quarterback that made all the girls weak in their knees.

daniel, referred to as danny by mostly everyone, was the dictionary definition of perfect. he had the preppy family, the fancy house, the nice car, and the admiration of just about the entire student body. it was no surprise that he dated el hopper, resident good girl with the not just a big heart but a big brain to match. they were kind of perfect for one another.

but, as you might've noticed, el wasn't the good girl the school perceived her to be..

well, she was, but then she met mike wheeler.

mike was sort of known as just a bad guy. unless you were friends with him, you steered clear of him.

his childhood best friend was will byers, el's step-brother. el's dad, the chief of police, and will's mom dated in high school, and rekindled that flame two years ago. they'd recently gotten married and combined their families in a nice, two-story house right beside the wheelers at the end of the culdesac.

and that's kind of where it all started.

a few months ago, her path first crossed mike in the most unexpected of ways. i mean that literally. she woke up one morning, went to brush her teeth, and when she opened the door to her and will's connected bathroom, there was a tall, naked stranger getting out of her shower.