𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

Start from the beginning

We both went to lay on either side of Riley.

"How you doing?" I asked Riley as we turned to her and she turned to me.

"I just don't understand how we end up in situations like this." Riley tells us as we nod our heads in agreement.

°°°°°°

When the play was over everyone left before our group, Riley got out before us and everyone applauded for her, then Maya went and everyone cheered for her as well.

I went to the hallway after them and everyone surprisingly cheered for me as well making me smile at them, walking to the girls. Lucas walks out and they cheered for him too but when Farkle came out no one cheered for him making me feel bad for him.

I started clapping for him as Riley followed in pursuit getting why I'm clapping. Everyone then started clapping as we clapped.

"Thank you. Thank you Farkle Nation." Farkle said throwing a fist into the air.

"Farkle come here." Maya said.

"Maya, don't. He thinks he was good." Riley says cutting her off.

"Yeah, I'm gonna fix that." Maya tells her.

"Vee?" Riley looks at me for help.

"I'm sorry Riles, but he has to know the truth." I tell her but then look at Maya. "In a nice way."

"Ah boo." Maya said with a pout.

"But you can't tell him the truth. It'll crush him." Riley told us.

"No, we can tell him the truth..." I told her.

"...It's you that can't tell him the truth because you're too scared." Maya said finishing the sentence.

"I'm not afraid guys, I'm nice." Riley tells us.

"You're saying we're not nice?" Maya asked her pointing between me and her.

I take out my sad hurt look and showed her while Maya has a blank look on her face.

"No, I'm afraid to say that." Riley tells Maya before looking at me. "And I feel awful for making you feel this."

Riley then pulled me into a hug petting my hair.

"It okay Riles just let go of me." I tell her and she lets me go.

"Tell him the truth. You know Farkle." Maya tells her.

"You know what will happen if you don't." I tell her.

Farkle comes up to us as Maya tries to start talking but Riley beat her to it.

"Farkle, you were so- what's the word." Riley said trying not to tell him the truth.

"He killed the play." I said wanting Farkle to know the truth.

"Thanks Nessa." Farkle said with a smile thinking I meant that in a good way.

"No what she meant is, you killed the play. Those are the words, those are the only words tell him." Maya told Riley.

"What? What does she mean?" Farkle asked Riley.

"She means you killed it, Farkle. You killed it! Showbiz talk." Riley said snapping her fingers.

"I actually thought I ruined the play. If you would've told me I ruined the play I would've believed you. I would've been crushed but I would've believed you." Farkle said.

"How could I crush one of the best actors working in middle school today?" Riley asked him making me shake my head as she lies to our best friend.

"I'm a good actor? What is I'm better than good? What if I'm the greatest actor who has ever lived and I never knew it? That would make me sad. Wah. It's okay, it's okay, I was acting. Thanks Riley my public awaits." Farkle says starting to walk away. "Hello, everybody!"