Chapter 16: Never Felt This Way 🥀

Börja om från början

The warmth of his touch sent her stomach into a frenzy of butterflies.. her body couldn't take much more intensity. His touch was like a deadly toxin sending every bit of rage into her body.. she felt it all. She felt his anger, the thirsty need to cause pain because he was hurting. Her heartbeat so loudly in her chest if her rib cage wasn't protecting it against escape; her heart would lay on the floor.

This was the beast she met in the rain that night. This was the monster who shot a man in the road like the grim reaper then knocked on her door to let her know she was safe.

The beast.. Jrue. They were the one in the same. She couldn't feel one and not the other. For so many women, this conflict would make them jump up and run for the door but he owned her soul even with all the darkness inside of him.

A man who possessed her could never hurt her... 

Or could he?

Her lip quivered rapidly while his grip on her body got tightened. He could feel her apprehension but he prevailed regardless because he needed her. His rough calloused hand touched her cheek and instantly she was exactly what he needed her to be. No magician could ever cast the spell that binded them.

Gaia took his hand off of her face and latched her small fingers into his grasp. She kissed his knuckles one by one; paying attention to the bruises on each one. She knew it was a story to tell for each one and she would be around to hear each one. Her heart said so.

"Tell me what's wrong? " her soft voice was music to his ears. His connection to her made everything intensify. Few people had ever asked him that question. His parents? Yes but after his father was murdered? So much of the world went silent even his Earth's words. He needed that or maybe he needed to hear it from her to actually listen. She made everything feel different. Her presence brought meaning to life. She brought importance, a reason to stay afloat.

His brows furrowed causing them crease in his forehead to deepen. It was when his face showed the most emotion to her. When he was his most beautiful to her otherwise his face was stoic with the exception of a smile or smirk that few could pull from him. "Street shit." His shoulders shrugged like the weight of the world wasn't just weighing down on him. Problems just didn't seem like problems around her. She was the remedy for it all. Gaia Alena Carter was the cure and the curse.

The creek of the door was the only thing that pulled Sim away from her touch. A second couldn't even pass before his hand on his waist, tugging the gun out the band of his jeans. Safety off, always. He was prepared to pull the trigger.

Looney stepped through door a second later. His mouth hand turned up into a smirk as Slim placed the gun away. His hand waved away the mere thought of the danger of the gun. His best friend had the quickest draw and trigger finger that he had ever seen on anyone but his self. He wasn't worried the slightest about his safety. He knew like many street niggas he would be taken out by a stray bullet, a well executed murder plot, maybe by a crazed female but not his own brother.

He was more surprised about the woman that stand beside his right hand. Slim had been low.. lower than normal. He had been delegating more and more responsibilities to him but he chalked it up to the promotion of lieutenant that was looming. Slim wasn't a talker, the nigga could be a mute with no problem and hell if he was around the wrong people, he was. He talked when necessary and most of his problems were solved with a body being dropped. Looney knew where the bodies were buried, burned and sunken. That was the blood tie.. niggas would never get as close as him and that was before the Mafia ties.