Chapter 16: Never Felt This Way 🥀

Start from the beginning

He knew not a single person to hit.. not a single murder to commit in return. Not a soul to blame but his self and it was bleeding him dry. All the methods to his madness and he had shit to show for it.

He felt like a shell of his self, angrier than ever before because he had no outlet to release it out on.

Like a devil with no hell to torment souls in...
Like a gun whose trigger has been pulled but is jammed..
Like an arsonist who was trapped in his own fire.. burning alive.

He had no way to turn with fire burning in his belly to unleash.

To the right of him, sat his right hand answering phone call after phone call addressing the massacre. Each phone with the same topic: who was responsible? Who touched the untouchable so smoothly and no one saw it coming? The streets was screaming louder than ever without saying anything of use. Every distributor the Murder Mafia employed now wanted answers for this assault. A lot of money had been lost in a singular night for not only him but the Mafia in general. A couple million dollars in the red.. gone, lost forever and somebody had to answer for that and he was the one bring down the pain. The beast in him was gnawing at his own paws, ready to unleash his rage. Slim could feel the rage bubbling, brewing like fever inside of him.

With one last look at the scene of the crime, he drove off. He ended up at the one place he knew wasn't begging watched or wiretapped.
Home.

He had no spots to collect money from, no orders to fulfill. He had only one task to follow through and that was to show up. The Murder Mafia has been summoned later tonight and he was be there.. to the left of the King his self as they all got ready to head hunt..

But until then.. he needed some serenity, he needed clarity before someone looked at him wrong and lost their life. He had a bad tendency to go looking for a fight simply because he was angry. The bad habit could him a lot in life and as of now he had lost enough.

The hour drive to his home turned into thirty minutes flat as his foot pushed the whip like never before.  The speed made the anger turn down into a simmer. He pulled into the gate fast; knowing that's Gaia could see the gate from any room in the house and would know he was home.

He pulled into the driveway and hopped out, heading straight for her. Looney could get out or not he had made his beeline regardless.

He found her in the living room, eating some noodles with his blue nose playing at her feet. Kain wasn't even the type to play with anyone much like his owner but Gaia has cast her spell on him too. Like the protector he was, Kain stood to his feet at the sound of the intrusion but relaxed on his hind legs once he saw it was Slim.

Gaia looked up with a smile dancing in her eyes across the room. Her smile softened once she saw the look on his face. She first felt his energy in her chest... it hit her hard like a sack of bricks. She missed a breathe.

His long lean legs took him across the floor like he was Moses parting the Red Sea. She was always the destination.. the end be all. He couldn't be a monster  when he wanted so he need to be Jrue.. the name she called out in his wet dreams. Her protector, her lover, her comforter, her savior and mostly her soul mate for the time being.. she would find another he knew but this moment in her life was his and only his.

Selfishly in every moment with her, he had no fucks to give.

He slid the bowl out of her small hands and onto the floor, never mind the fact that his pet would devour it. He needed her full embrace and attention. He placed his forehead against hers, he drunk her in like a drunk off the street, needing his next drink so bad he would do anything for it. Her potency purer than anything he had ever touched or moved. She was her own brand of addiction and he would commit murder after murder to make sure he was her only addict. His brown eyes glanced at his skin like she was made out of diamonds. He damn near had to squint to look at her every time, she was so blinding. She was a treasure to him, the nearest to his heart.