chapter two

Depuis le début

"It's alright, least you called this year!" Jisoo playfully slapped her sisters arm.

"It was your birthday?" Lisa instantly felt bad, she hadn't even known about it.

"Yeah, it's no big deal. I don't really celebrate it." Jisoo waved her hand at Lisa, obviously sensing how bad she felt about not knowing. It hadn't seemed like anyone had known about it, no one had mentioned it during the lunches they all spent together. Lisa figured it could have been on a weekend but surely at least one person would have wished her a happy birthday if it was coming up and they wouldn't see her on the day unless she really didn't celebrate it.

"Well, normally I'm all for that, but eighteen is a big one!" Jiyoon hugged Jisoo again and placed a kiss to her cheek as Jisoo tried to wriggle free. "Want to meet us at Mel's later, Legs? Post birthday celebrations!"

"Oh thanks but you guys should catch up!" Lisa didn't want to impose when Jisoo hadn't seen her sister in so long but Jisoo pouted and bounced over to her.

"Come on! We only ever hang out at school!" Jisoo took her hand and started playing with her fingers as her eyes pleaded with Lisa to say yes. How could she not when a pretty girl was practically begging her to and she really did feel bad for not knowing about her birthday.

"Ok, ok! What time should I see you guys there?" Lisa acted like it was a hard decision to make but it really wasn't. Jisoo grinned and told her to meet them there around seven. Jiyoon reached behind her and picked up a spare helmet before chucking it at Jisoo as she turned away from Lisa. Lisa had only just noticed the bike that was propped up behind Jiyoon. Jisoo put the helmet on as Jiyoon pulled on hers and they both hopped up onto the bike.

"See you later, Legs!" Jiyoon's voice came out a little muffled through the helmet.

"Her name is Lisa!" Jisoo scolded Jiyoon as she started the engine and drove away. Lisa gulped. Jisoo on the back of a motorcycle was not a sight she was prepared for. And she hadn't managed to speak to Jisoo. Again.

She groaned as she made her way through the car park and out onto the street. She knew she wouldn't get a chance to speak to her tonight at Mel's. She had only walked past the diner once before, but she knew that it was a popular hang out spot for the high schoolers. There were a couple pool tables, a few classic arcade games and apparently the food was pretty good too.

Lisa asked her mom as soon as she got home if she could go hang out at Mel's that evening. She gave Lisa some money to spend while she was out. Lisa could tell her mom was glad that she was making friends and asked her all about Jisoo as they ate dinner together. It was nice to talk about Jisoo to someone else. Lisa knew herself just how much the friendship was helping her feel better about being in a new town but speaking it aloud made it feel all the more real.

"You should invite her round for dinner sometime, I'm not working until Friday this week." Lisa's mom suggested and Lisa instantly knew it was something she wanted. Jisoo in her house, in her space, and getting to know her away from school.

"Yeah, I'll ask her tonight if she'd like to come. Maybe tomorrow?" Lisa knew it was soon but now that the idea had settled into her head she couldn't wait to have it become reality. Her mom said that would be fine and she had to control the smile that desperately tried to cover her entire face.

Lisa got ready to head to Mel's after dinner. Not really sure what she wanted to wear, she changed multiple times and stared at herself in the mirror when she finally settled on a flannel over an old t-shirt and the same jeans she had worn to school. It was casual but she hoped she looked at least a little cool. She wanted Jiyoon to like her and Jiyoon seemed unfairly cool.