Chapter 3

Cloud was at the cliff where his friend
He picked up the Buster Sword and put it where it belongs.

"I said I'd live out both of lives, easy to make that promise."

~Memories of Zack~
"So you want to be in SOLDIER? Hang in there!"

"Hey, you doing okay?"

"Well, what are you going to do once we get to Midgar? We're friends...right?"

Zack starts to breathe into the fresh air until....gun shooting starts to attack.

"Pops, park us over by the rocks...Cloud rides over." He said. He put me by the rocks and ruffled my hair.

"My honor, my dreams, they're yours now....you'll be....my living legacy."

~End of the memory~

"I swore that I'll never forget. I tried, but I..."

"Cloud. Don't give up on me."

"When I become SOLIDER, I promise I'll train you good. You and I will be legends."

He thought about Claire, when she got engaged to Rufus and then years later after...they broke it off. And now they're distant from each other.

It's been 2 years, since we fought Sephiroth that day...she's been quiet.

Cloud then started to have pain on his right arm. It was stinging and painful.

"Don't pretend you're sad...why tremble anger that's not even there? Face it Cloud....all you are...is an empty puppet."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Before heading to the church with Tifa and Marlene. She went outside of Midgar and headed to where Zack had died.

She walked up to her destination and heard a motorcycle passed by. She hid behind the rocks, turns out to be Cloud.

Claire walked out of the rocks and looked at Zack's buster sword. She touched the blade and started to have memories.

"Hmm...you saved my life. I must do you a favor."

"Uh...Zack.. you don't have to-"

"I got it! How about one date?"

"Uh...no."

"Ah man! Oh well, at least I tried."

"Heard you got engaged! Congrats Claire!"

"Thanks. Dang, it's getting so much attention. I'm not used to it."

Claire smiled and placed flowers on the ground.

"You taught me a lot when we trained together. You were trained under Angeal while I was trained under Sephiroth. *sigh* where did the time go? I was so young."

Claire got up and glanced at the sword again.

"See you soon...Zack."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Claire heads towards the church and entered.

She then saw two figures laying in the flower garden. Realizing it was Tifa and Cloud.

She quickly walked to Cloud and placed his head on her lap.

"Cloud! Wake up!"

She didn't get a response.
She looked around, everything was a messy but she was missing something.

"Oh my god...MARLENE!"

There was no sign of her.

She then noticed a white fabric, laying next to the bed where he slept.

She realized it was Cloud.
"Don't tell me...you got it too. Why...why didn't you say something."

She feel a sting coming from her stigma.

Oh, Claire. My favorite student, why you're trembling, hm? Is he the one you cherish most?

She shook it off and controlled her breathing.

"Don't him take control over you." She mumbled.

"Whoa, what happened?" Reno came into the church.

"Reno...Rude." She said, weakly.

Rude quickly came up and took Tifa.

"Let's get out of here. Do you know which way?" He asked.

"Yeah." Claire said.

"Reno, help Claire. You're carrying him." He demanded.

"Oh man." He whined.

Claire carefully got up and lead the way, hoping not to show any of her weakness. She felt tired.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
They made it to bar, Rude set Tifa down on her bed while Reno set Cloud down.

"Man, he's...pretty heavy." Reno said.

Claire was leaning on the frame, holding it in but she couldn't.

"Whoa, Claire. You okay?" Reno asked as he caught her.

"I...I think so? I'm...just tired." She replied.

"It's the stigma, isn't it?" Reno asked.

She nodded.

"Come on, let's you well rested." Reno suggested.

"No...I need to go after them...Marlene, needs me." She said.

Reno scoffed. "Stubborn as always."

Claire felt another sting again, making her faint.

"Reno."

"Yeah yeah, I know." Reno carried Claire to her bed and tucked her in. He sees papers of information about the Geostigma at her desk. She's researching for a cure.