Anime and Other Cartoons

What I do with anime before I usually watch it:

- Wikipedia it, mostly for plot

- MyAnimeList it and read the reviews, mostly for the genres and ratings

- If I find it's good, see the recommendations and also check Animeplanet for recommendations.

A list of anime(alphabetical order):

Bold = Recommended, Italic = I've seen it part of it , * = ongoing

07-Ghost - full of action, good music and the theme of friendship and trust. A bit open-ended but worth it.

*Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - drama, fantasy, romance. A friendship between a prince and his court pharmacist which will grow into something more.

Akatsuki no Yona - action, comedy, fantasy, romance. Good coming of age anime (spoiled princess learns to fight). Good music, plot, art and characters. Need I say more?

Arcana Famiglia - fantasy, romance but not really worth your time to watch.

Allison to Lillia - This adventure, romance anime is just refreshing to watch.

Avatar: The Last Airbender  - This is arguably one of the best Nickelodeon cartoon series.

Avatar: The Legend of Korra - The sequel to the series above. While this series initially started off a bit slow and paled in comparison to its prequel, it gradually improved. The ending was a surprise to many fans including myself especially since it felt like there was a lack of  build up for it but after watching the makers talk about it on YouTube, they convinced me by looking at this show from a different perspective, you would be able to see how the ending was supported. This show was a break through for many cartoons.

Baccano! - a perfect mixture of action and comedy. It also portrays criminals realistically, you see the other side to them.

Bleach - While I have only watched selected episodes from this anime, I fell in love with its opening theme songs and characters and of course, the action.

Broken/Break Blade - sci-fic, act, rom. Open ending, a bit graphic but nice theme song, a bit nostalgic and realistic.

Campione! - I liked the background of the gods and heroes from various mythologies. Good plot and art. I found it hard to understand how Erika(the female lead) could really love the male lead in such a short amount of time but shrugs, it's just a story.

Crescent Love - This is one of those cute, innocent romance anime between a girl from another planet and a guy from Earth.

Dantalian no Shoka - fan, mystery. I thought this had a lot of unresolved issues in it.

Death Note - This anime had me scared at the first episode (perhaps I started it a bit young) but it was relatively normal from thereon. It really does question your sense of what is justice.

D.N. Angel - A cute rom-com anime with some supernatural elements.

Final Fantasy  Unlimited - I actually liked this show but it was too short and may be boring to some and is definitely not on the same level as other Final Fantasy shows.

Fruits Basket - a anime about an interaction between a cute, innocent girl and humans representing the zodiac signs.

Full Metal Panic! - I think this anime was okay but if you're looking for some romance in it, it has almost nil although  I only managed to finish the first season and have heard, it escalates in the second.