;Sick;

Leaving her familiar walls of safety was a difficult task for sure

Leaving her familiar walls of safety was a difficult task for sure. But food could only last for this long. The cold of the winter wasn't even the bad part of it all, no, there was something much worse.

The supermarket warmed her enough to take her jacket off and put it into the shopping cart in front of her. However, she could still feel goosebumps forming on her bare arms and she started to shiver. Biting on the inside of her cheek, she tried to keep her lips shut and not make her discomfort any more visible.

The worst was being alone here. She had done it before, many times. This was supposed to be a normal everyday task all people do. Then why did it became so hard all of the sudden?

But instead of focusing on the shopping she had to do, her mind let her see broken glass in front of her feet. And it felt like she was walking barefoot.

Stopping for a minute next to a deep cooling rack, cold sweat ran down her forehead, making her little hairs stick to it. (Y/N) closed her eyes to cool down even in her trembling state. At this rate, she would be done with the shopping hours after the store closed with the many breaks she had to take.

She felt fidgety and shaken up, paranoid even. Swimming with sharks would have been easier. And who was to blame?

(Y/N) opened her tired eyes again to go down her list of necessary groceries.

She became too dependent on Frank's company and apparently now it was impossible to do normal daily tasks on her own without freaking out. The people around her were busy with themselves but it didn't matter how much she tried to get this through to herself. She felt too exposed in the public; judged by every look she got for every movement she made.

Give me a minute of peace for once.

Her mind was too exhausted right now. There was no place for her to stay calm and let her alerted brain have a break. When was even the last time she felt safe? She knew how unreasonable her self destructive thoughts were. But she wasn't aware of anything that could make it stop.

Taking a deep breath, the young girl decided to speed up the whole process. She didn't even have to get everything she had written down. The harsh white light which blinded her, the children's laughter and the obnoxiously loud conversations of the adults, the ringing noises from the checkouts - it was too much to take for this long. Especially since she was used to complete silence in her isolated room.

She couldn't depend on Frank's company forever, particularly because his visits weren't frequent at all. He came by regularly (two times a week) but that wasn't enough to keep her craving for social interaction under control.