"Maa." Yash called her out.

"Bolo yash. Which dress I needs to put? " Yash asked excited getting ready to go out.

"Yash. Tomorrow would be a special day so tomorrow we can wear beautiful dress. But today we needs to be careful with daddy, so He can't see us. Tomorrow morning we can surprise him. " Ragini explained him, while Yash nodded head obediently.

.....

"Laksh. I'm here on back door."

"Open yourself idiot. Do I need to assist you to how to get in through back door also don't expect all these courtesy just because you became my Bhabhi ji! " Laksh sulked.

"Idiot. I think I needs to drill some hole in your huge head for putting some brain. How can I open if it was closed from inside? " Ragini shouted him.

"Oops. Sorry. I just forget it, No tension. Laksh arahi, fikar nahi. " Laksh conceited him.

"Yash. You sit there, Chachu would be here soon." Ragini instructed Laksh who was in semi sleeping stage.

"Ragu. Just wait I'm opening the door." Laksh said her.

Laksh opened the door hurriedly, and saw Yash was almost slept picking him, he quickly walked to guest room. It was almost 11.30 PM. Sanskar had settled in his room after finishing food, next time when he would be coming out of the room it would be morning. He had this odd behaviour of staying in room after he comes home.

Ragini entered the Kitchen and took some water to drink that's when she felt someone had entered kitchen. Fearing who it could be, she just turned half and spotted Sanskar with Mug on his hand, might be he would have came to fill it. Fearing he would see her, she turned quickly. That's when he saw her.

Oof. No. No. Let not him see me. O my god Please don't spoil my plans. Please. Please..

Sanskar felt Ragini presence, he spotted Someone in kitchen.

Who could be, this time?

He wondered, and spotted Ragini facing him not enough. But he could able to see her Half face, shocked he rubbed his eyes to ensure what he was seeing. Ragini.

"Ragini." He called her out.

Ragini quickly crouched down, and the Furniture before her safely protected her under it, and when Sanskar saw her again, he didn't see her there.

He took deep breath.

'Was it again Hallucination? ' Sanskar asked loudly with sigh, as he thought there was no one there.

Ragini was shocked hearing him. Hallucination. What was he speaking about?.

'I am just wishing to see You. Duffer.' Sanskar sighed and left filling his water and Ragini's heart.

Ragini couldn't able to hear her ears. Did he missed her? He was wishing to see me? Do he?

With her heart filled with happiness, she left to room. Anyways she needs to wake up early before the sunrise to eat Sargi.

.....

It was 4 A.M the clock Rang, Ragini felt like throwing that damn Alarm, she just wanted to sleep more. She felt like just now she did slept, but it was ringing alarm. Why so early?.

She wondered, and saw timing on the wall. 4 AM. Realisation hit her, Oof. OH No. I need to eat Sargi. I just forget my Karwachauth. Quickly dressing herself to proper Chudithar, she ran to kitchen.

"Ragini. You came? " Annapurna asked seeing her shocked.

"I came last night. How can I miss my Karwachauth after all? " She asked her with a smile.

Sujatha brought the Sargi she prepared yesterday. The sargi includes earthen pots that contain food to be eaten in the morning, before starting the fast. It will give them the strength they require for the rest of the day.

This food has to be consumed in the morning, before sunrise. It includes fruits, mathri which is a salty fried snack, milk-based Indian sweets or mithai and dry fruits like kaju, kismis and badam.

Ragini took the sargi given by her and ate it. One does needs to eat this sargi in order to fill their karwachauth for married woman. That's why Ragini came to her Sasural last night to eat this Sargi. Ragini drank the Juice Sujatha had prepared also and drank water. And it was almost nearing  Sunrise.

"Ragini. Eat anything you want before sunrise. " Sujatha said her while Ragini nodded her head.

"And don't wake up early in morning. There was no work here, we all been fasting so there is no work and sleep morning well. So you would get energy the  rest of the whole day. " Sujatha said her caring..

"Sujatha. Give her baya. " Annapurna remembered her.

Sujatha nodded and took a Thali she prepared and extended to Ragini. It was called Baya. The baya is a gift or a token of the mother-in-law’s appreciation for her daughter-in-law, who is fasting for her son. Baya generally includes money, clothes, jewellery, cosmetics, sindoor and sweets.

Sujatha had placed Dress for her to put on that day and traditional Jewelery and some money for her.

"I am hoping to see brightness in My son and your life too. And may be this would be good begining for you both. I just wish  the morning would be beautiful for you." Sujatha wished her and left.

Even Ragini was expecting this day to be beautiful for their life.

....

To be continued
NasreenAyesha.