02

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING!

Your alarm came way too soon.

Literally rolling out of bed, you ended up on the floor. From there, you dragged yourself up and onto unsteady legs, nearly falling back onto your bed. How easy it would be to just conk out again. But you had shit to do.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING!

Knocked back into reality by the sound of your alarm, you fumbled for your phone to snooze it before yanking your charger from the wall. Even though you were planning on getting ready and leaving now, you kept it snoozed in case your body had another idea.

No matter how dim you made your phone screen, it was still too bright. Squinting against the garish light, you packed the remainder of your things that you'd need as you got ready. Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hopefully in sizes that you wouldn't get arrested for.

The airport was ridiculously alive for it being 3:15 in the morning. You'd gotten through security easy enough and had acquired your ticket from a perky attendant at the help desk of the airline Kun flew for. As promised, Ten had given you the pilot's number, as well as some minor details about your flight. You didn't want to know why Ten was awake at this hour either. He probably still hadn't gone to sleep yet since the celebration.

Speaking of sleep, you were tempted to get a coffee with approximately seventeen shots of espresso in it so you didn't pass out in the uncomfortable seats by your gate. But you refrained from it, settling for one of the ridiculously-priced bottles of water instead.

Sipping your water miserably, you opened up a fresh note on your phone, needing to brainstorm for this article. What kind of piece you wanted to write, what you wanted to ask him, whether you wanted to pry more into his personal or professional life. Mostly you brainstormed a few key topics to ask him about, to then let the questions flow naturally from there. Once you'd gotten some information, then you could start steering the interview in a more specific direction.

You were so absorbed that you barely registered the call for your flight to start boarding. Shoving your phone in your pocket and throwing out your empty water bottle, you hurried to grab your stuff and join the line of people. Oh shit, your ticket. You dashed back to your previous seat, where your ticket was exactly where you had left it, then ran to the back of the line again.

A pretty flight attendant directed you to your seat towards the back of the cabin, and you blindly followed her directions. Despite your split-second adrenaline rush from nearly forgetting your ticket, exhaustion still plagued you. You hadn't gotten much sleep the nights leading up to the party either, making this your fourth consecutive night where you got less than four hours of sleep. Your sleep schedule had some serious fixing to do. But not yet. This little trip would definitely fuck it up even more.

You'd barely sat down when you heard an audible gasp from another passenger. The journalist in you forced you to open your eyes and look around, trying to figure out what was happening. You saw a figure in some kind of uniform making its way down the aisle, eyes scanning every passenger's face.

Wait... that was Kun!

He spotted you at the same time you spotted him, and an apologetic smile came to his face as he stopped in front of you, "Morning, Y/N!"

While the other passengers were delighted to have the captain back here, you were a little annoyed, "How... the fuck... are you so awake?"

"You look like hell."

"I'll uppercut you, I don't care if you're the captain."

"Here," he reached above you to take your luggage from the overhead compartment, then your carry-on from your hands. "Let's get you to your real seat."