53. Significant Other

Matagal ko na pala to natapos nakalimutan ko lang ipublish. 😂

I found an old paper from my theater class where you had to write down what you wanted in your significant other. It made me uncertain when I read it again specially in the last part were I wrote...

No athletes because they're all arrogant.

She put back the letter in a box of trash and continue cleaning. That letter made her really upset throughout the day.

°∆•∆•∆•∆•∆°

His POV

Being the public eye I am constantly faced with assumptions about who my significant other is, and it seems that there is always speculations about my relationship status.

Like what is happening right now. I am in an interview with Boy Abunda and he is currently on the question about my better half. I sigh and smile awfully.

"Tito Boy..." I utter looking straight in his eyes. "I am single..." I said and there came the follow up question

"So technically you're available? Since when?"

"I'm single but I'm not available. Since when? Since the day I realized how special she was to me. And that was the day she run away. That was back in high school tito Boy." He jested.

"Pero diba you dated Janice and Snooky and Charlene and many more girls in the industry." Boy said out of curiosity.

"That was planned tito Boy, eh. Para lang sa promotion ng mga movies namin. But I admit I felt a little for Charlene pero hindi katulad sa babaeng nasa puso ko. Sya lang talaga tito Boy."

"Pwede mo bang ikwento sya kahit konti?"

"I had a secret relationship with my classmate. Varsity player ako while she was a smart and beautiful fat girl. 'Yung mga ka-team ko sa laro mga bully. Lagi nalang syang  binubully and hindi ko sya naipagtanggol man lang. One time nakita ko sya sa campus walking alone and then I called her nang biglang nagsulputan ang mga kateam ko at napagtripan na naman sya. Sa harap ko, she thought that I planned it. Pero wala akong kinalaman don tapos hindi ko ulit sya napagtanggol. She waited pero wala akong ginawa. Tapos I found her running away. Tapos wala na akong naging balita. Hindi na sya pumasok."

"If ever she's watching anong gusto mong sabihin sa kanya?"

"I'm sorry, babes. Sana magkaroon ng chance na magkita ulit tayo. I'm still waiting for that day to happen. I still love you, babes." He sincerely said.

On the other hand Lea is watching and frowning habang pinapakinggan ang kasinungalingan ni Aga. Alam nyang pabagsak na ang career nito kaya siguro nagpapasikat na naman, dinadamay pa sya.

"Wala raw kinalaman. Jusmiyo marimar sinong niloko mo? Ako? Hindi na no!" Sigaw nya at nagtungo sa kusina to drink a glass of a cold water para mabawasan man lang ang inis nya.

It was 2 decades ago and the pain is still in her heart. "Bwisit! Pag nakita lang kita babayagan talaga kita."

°∆•∆•∆•∆•∆°

Few more days went by and a guy approached Lea after she sung in the bar where she is working as a part time singer.

"Hi." The guy greeted. She looked at him, he looks generously neat and somewhat high class.

"Hi." She greeted back even though confused on why is the man like him greeted her. She was used to be ignored by the people after clapping their hands in her performance.

"Hi." he offered a shake hands which she accept, smiling. "I am from ABS CBN, a producer and a talent manager." He shows his ID of the network he was reffering to.

"And?" She asked out of curiosity.

"And I want you to be one of my talents. If it's okay with you." The producer slash talent manager told her.

"Ah, hehe. Pasensya na pero baka naman hindi naman talaga ako para dyan." She hesitantly said.

"Why not? I mean, you're voice is so beautiful, like you. You will fit in. Here's my calling card. Call me if you changed your mind. For now, I need to go." He taps her shoulder and gave her a smile then go away.

Later that night she's thinking if she would grab the opportunity or not.

"Hello? Who's this?" The producer asked on the other line.

"Hi, this is Lea. The singer in the bar. Is this Mr. Torres?"

"Yup? Ano? Have you changed you're mind?"

"Yes. Can we meet tomorrow?"

"Oo naman. For a contract signing."

"Agad agad?"

"Oo naman. Baka magbago pa isip mo." and they both laughed.

"Actually sir, nakapirma na ako dati ng kontrata sa ABS CBN pero para lang yun sa isang advertisement, kasama ko yung pinsan ko nung pumirma ako dyan. Pero baka expired na rin yon. For 3 months lang yata ang contract na yon." She narrated.

"Ow talaga? O sige bukas magkita tayo. Pag usapan natin yan. Baka kase pwedeng renewal na lang ng contract and then divert natin sa pagiging talent ko instead of ganun ganun lang." he said then they both hung up after talking.

A week after the contract signing she went through a lot of guestings and tv appearances just like today. She's sitting with Karla, Jolina and Melai as a guest in Magandang Buhay.

"Ms. Lea may boyfriend ka ba ngayon? Asawa? Manliligaw?" Karla asked her.

"Ah wala. Hindi ko kailangan yan. Sakit sa ulo yan." And a sly laughter escaped from her mouth.

"Yung totoo? Ang ganda mo kaya." Jolina commented.

"Wala eh. Before I had a boyfriend pero hindi rin nagtagal. He betrayed me. Ewan ko kung paano pero niloko nya ako. Maybe he just used me para may gumawa ng assignments nya." A story shared by her.

Few more questions left for her and then she went to her condo to wait for her next guesting.

She woke up because of the alarm on her phone.

One hour to go and she will be one of the hurado's on It's Showtime.

When Vhong called her name she gets out and greeted the madlang people who are all excited to see her.

"Teka, parang may late." Sigaw ni Anne.

Then Vice Ganda appeared from the back saying. "Oy wala ah? ! Andito ako." And the madlang people shouts in glee when they saw him (?) her (?)

"Hinde.....meron talagang late!" Karylle said. "Parang trademark na nya nga tong pagiging late eh."

Then the floor manager shouts "Andyan na!!!"

"Ay, andyan na???? Oh ipakilala na natin..." Vice said and all of them introduced the late hurado.

"Please welcome, Mr. Aga Muhlach!"

After hearing that name she froze and then look at her side. She saw the good looking man walking towards her. He greeted the madlang people before pecking on her cheek and the other hurados (Jugs and Teddy).

TO BE CONT....