You gazed at him, analyzing his expression. Was it worth doing what you wanted to do? Would the momentary pride outweigh the potential repercussions that came along with it.

"What are you thinking about?" He murmured; his eyes boring into yours.

"...Connor..." You whispered, pouring all the fake love and want you could muster into your voice.

His eyes widened as his mouth gaped open slightly, obviously taken aback by your sudden change of mood.

You held his gaze as you leaned forward and grabbed his arm. Slowly standing up, you guided him towards the door, trying to fake a loving look.

"(Y/n)...?" He breathed as you both stood in the doorway.

You turned to him, smiling sweetly before feeling your fist connect with his stomach. He doubled over and you pushed him into the hallway. Quickly shutting and locking the door you stared wide-eyed, wondering if you had truly done what had happened a few seconds ago.

"I'm not hungry Connor," You called, "Try again later."

Connor stared at the door, an expression of shock on his face. He brought a hand to his face and started laughing.

Oh (y/n)...I almost believed that act. Well done. I'll forgive you just this once. He reached out and touched the door for a few seconds before turning around and walking towards the dining hall to meet his brother.

You stood on the other side of the door, straining your ears to hear his footsteps disappear. After a few minutes of making sure he had absolutely left, you hesitantly opened the door. An idea had formed into your head, and you needed to ask Micah a favor.

~~~~~

"No!" Micah yelled, pacing the floor, as you sat on one of the stools in the fitting room. "Absolutely not!"

You looked at him pleadingly, "Please Micah! Just until they go to bed! I need this! I need this."

He glanced at you and his cheeks turned pink, noticing the pleading look you were giving him.

"(Y/n)...I can't...I don't think I can do that."

You stood up, "You can! I thought about it all morning. I have a plan. Micah, I need to see them, just for a while. I can run to the village in about 20 minutes. I could stay for an hour or two and then come back. No one would know I was gone!"

He bit his lip in contemplation, his blue eyes scanning something invisible.

"What's your plan?" He said with a sigh as he dropped onto a stool next to you.

You gave him a gratified smile, "The princes are holding a masquerade right?"

He nodded.

"Well, I need an outfit don't I? You and Florence could catch them on their way back from dinner and take them to their rooms. Then, you could go over a plan for what I'd be wearing. That should give me enough time to spend in the village. Just in case, I'd lock my door so that they couldn't get in, at least for a while."

He ran his fingers through his hair as he looked at your wide, begging eyes. Letting out a small sigh in defeat, he looked at the ground.

"I hope you know we're both dead if they catch us." He mumbled.

You felt a smile spread across your face, "Micah! Oh, thank you! Thank you so much!" You launched yourself at him and wrapped your arms around him.

Startled at the sudden movement, he leaned back, throwing you both off balance, and you both plummeted to the floor.

"Ow." You winced and looked down to see him staring up at you. Instantly your cheeks turned red. "O-oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean..."