chapter twenty-nine

Start from the beginning

"I'm just messing with you. Ya feelin' okay? I remember it got really bad last year, ya started throwing up and all." he said. "Harry takin' care of ya?" 

"I'm fine, just watching some TV on Netflix and revising. And he doesn't know yet." I sighed, "Been keeping contact through texts the last day and made sure I covered up my pink nose the first day. He's gonna want to see me when he gets off work though, and then I'll have to tell him he can't and he's going to demand to see me, but I really don't want him getting sick right before the holidays." I rambled on.

"You are such a control freak." Collin bellowed through a laugh. I scowled even though he couldn't see me. "You hid your sickness from your boyfriend because you don't want him to have to take care of you and possibly end up sick himself. You're absolutely bonkers." 

"And you are absolutely rude. I've got enough common sense to keep my friends away so that we all don't go through bloody hell. I'm being very considerate -- saint- like, actually. I deserve a medal." I huffed. 

"You're making banter with yourself. Have you been watching that damn show again? The American one with the mum and the daughter that Milo Ventimiglia is in?" Collin questioned. 

"Maybe." 

"Oh my god, they've put it on Netflix. You're never going to stop." he cursed. "Shut it off, study some, get better." 

"You've gotten so much ruder without my bright presence in your life every day," I commented.

"There you go again, too much sass. I'm hanging up now." he said. 

"Bye, love you." I laughed, hanging up. I blatantly ignored my brother's advice to turn it off, and instead watched another season all day long. Around seven my phone rang and I didn't even look at the caller ID before picking up. 

"Ello?" I croaked, my voice sounding more than a bit hoarse and nasally. Harry chuckled from the other side of the phone at the unlady-like sound of my voice. Shit, I'd picked up the phone and he'd heard me and there was no going back now.

 "Have you got a cold, love?" he asked. I'd had a runny nose the day before when we'd last seen eachother, but I'd only woken up (or been woken up by at three in the morning) with my more rough symptoms today.

"Something like that," I coughed, "I've been in bed watching Netflix and revising all day."

"Revising, suuure," Harry said sarcastically with a laugh. I huffed. 

"Okay, so mostly watching Netflix. They put all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls on here, okay? I'm excited." I laughed, snuggling farther into my duvet and pulling the sleeves of Harry's sweatshirt down around my hands. 

"And how many seasons have you watched?" Harry asked. 

"Um..." I trailed off, knowing he would only mock me if I told him. Harry tutted on the other line. 

"Jenson?"

"I'm halfway through season two." I admitted quickly, hiding my face in my hand, despite the fact he couldn't see me. 

"Jenson!" Harry exclaimed. I cringed at the judging voice he was using. 

"I've been up since three a.m. with the loveliest cough you could imagine, I had to do something!" I defended myself. Harry scoffed anyways. 

"Okay, Barb is making some broccoli cheddar soup for the shop. Do you want me to swipe you a bowl and bring it, or do you want chicken noodle from that café you like?" he asked. 

"Harry, you don't have to get me soup. I'm fine. You really shouldn't even come by here, I don't wanna get you sick." I told him. Harry huffed. 

"What kind of soup, Jenson?" he persisted. "If you don't tell me, I'll just have to guess."