Chapter 4

The hand sealed around my mouth, ripping me from my slumber. It was dark but I could see their silhouettes. "Shes like 15, just take the twins. They look old enough." I heard one of them say and I felt offended by the comment. If a hand was enclosed around my hand I would happily tell them I was actually 17.

Wait, maybe it is a good thing. I tried to speak but all that escaped my mouth was muffled murmurs. They threw me on the back of the truck and I was next to the twins who were cowering in the corner of the ute. "How old are you?" One of the man asked as they shun the flash light in my eyes. I tried to make out their features but the light blinded them from me. "Hurry up, we don't have all night."

"14." I stammered. I had a feeling they would leave me.

"And yous?" The girls looked at each other unsure of what to say.

"They don't speak English, they're exchange students from Paris." Some laughed and others whispered but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

"How old are they then?" He asked me and honestly I didn't know but either way I would lie.

"Same age as me." There was a pause and I wished I could see there faces.

"Let 'em go." There were some sighs of relief and others who disagreed. "We don't take under 18's, we're not monsters."

They dumped on the ground and all of them piled in theirs cars. There was about 5 cars and most were filled with the men. I looked next to me where the twins were on the ground, holding each other as the men drived off. It wasn't till then I realize we were in our underwear, then I realize what we were going to be used for.

"Thank you." Linda said in a heavy french accent.

"It's alright."

We sat in the road for a while, even though it was pitch black and it was freezing. I couldn't find the strength to move, it was like at the moment everything hit me at once. The fatigue, the loss of the people I care about and not to mention that I almost became a sex slave for a bunch of men. Everything just came at me at once and I didn't know how to deal with it.

I assumed it was the same with the twins as they didn't speak, they just held each other.

I was about to leave them, go on my own. Probably just walk until I collapsed, people would just think i'm one of the monsters. Maybe they will shoot me and I'll finally die or maybe help me. Then i'll just make new friends and lose them. It will be a never ending process until someone finally puts a bullet in my head. Ending my misery. One can only hope.

"Eve, we should go." One of the twins said but I didn't care to look this time. I was to lost in my own self pity to give them self hope.

"Why? We're all going to die anyway." They didn't reply but they might of not understood. I heard them stand up.

"Find Oliver." I snickered because he will miraculously fix this.

I waved my hand, gesturing for them to go. "I'll be here." I could tell they were reluctant as it was quiet but then I finally heard their footsteps becoming faint. I was a bit surprised they left but at the same time didn't really care.

My eyes began to water and I felt stupid for crying. "Why me?" I whimpered. "Why couldn't I die like everyone else?" I was sobbing now. "I mean, I was good right? Mum, dad? Was I?"

I didn't care if I looked crazy talking to myself, I was so tired. I was tired of running, tired of losing people, tired of crying, tired of being so naive.

"I can't do it, mum."

"Are you one of them?" I heard someone whisper. I looked up to see an old woman cradling a shot gun, pointing it right at me. I shook my head but I could tell she wasn't buying it. "Stand up." I did as she said and she looked me up and down. "Spin around slowly." I did exactly as she said and I could feel her examining me.