Chapter 13 - Part 1

Start from the beginning

Kengkla doesn't let his emotion show and takes a step toward her with a smile, drawing Technos attention to her. Techno's eyes widen at Dawn, and Kengkla can feel his jealousy returning. "Sawasdee, P'No and Ai' Kla," She wais politely then turns to Kengkla and does the same.

Kengkla wais back then takes an unconscious step closer to Techno. "You look nice today, P'Dawn," He manages, and she smiles. It's almost self-sabotage, complimenting her, knowing Techno will probably tag on his own compliment. But Kengkla's too curious to see if he's right.

"Jeez, Ai' Dawn, you too? Did you guys purposely make me look like shit today?" Techno sighs, shaking his head, and Kengkla almost breathes a sigh of relief. His Techno is still innocent Techno.

Dawn laughs at him and shakes her head. "No, P'No. You look fine, right, Ai Kla?" She teases, glancing at Kengkla.

Jealousy clouds his judgment, a part of him wondering how transparent he is. "I think P'No looks good in whatever he wears," Kengkla answers.

The tips of Technos' ears go pink immediately, and he nearly trips as they begin walking toward the cashier to pay for movie tickets. Kengkla watches him like a hawk, the way Techno's shoulders hunch up. Less of a defensive move, more like he wants to make himself look smaller, to disappear. "Ah, Ai' Kla, stop it. You're both teasing me now. I'm older than you two," He says with the shake of his head, ignoring Kengklas flirting. "Treat me with some respect, huh?"

There's silence for a second while they wait in line for the ticket booth, and Kengkla watches Dawn who's staring at Techno rifling through his wallet. She's really getting on his nerves now, blatantly gawking at Techno. When they're only one couple behind to pay, Techno lets out a groan and looks up at them. "I don't think I have enough to-" He begins.

"I can pay!" Dawn volunteers and reaches for the purse on her shoulder.

Kengkla holds out his hand in front of them and smiles at the two. "It's fine, P'Dawn and P'No. I can pay for us," He tells them, pulling out his wallet with his other hand. "I should treat my P's." The thought of paying for Dawn makes me want to vomit, but he can't let her pay for Techno.

This makes Techno let out a laugh that sounds like music to Kengkla's ears, and Techno puts away his wallet, grinning at Kengkla. "Normally, I would say no because of my pride," Techno says. "But this time, Ai' Kla, you can pay. Okay, Ai' DAwn?"

He's wondering if Dawn will object when she shakes her head. "If P'No is okay with it, I'm okay with it," She explains then points up at the new Avengers poster. "Get three for End Game, Ai' Kla. I'll buy us some popcorn then." But while Kengkla is buying the tickets, talking to the cashier, she stops and turns around. "You coming, P'No?"

Kengkla doesn't fumble when he hands the money to the clerk, but his eyes dart over to where Techno is standing with wide eyes. "U-uh, okay," He answers, offering a smile. "Meet us over there, Ai' Kla."

There's nothing for him to do but nod silently, watching as Techno walks off with his new enemy to buy snacks. He lets his facade crumble without Techno around and scowls at the cashier, a high school girl a few years younger than him. Maybe Technic was right when he said Kengkla has a scary face when he's mad because her hands shake despite her smile when she hands him the tickets.

"Thank you," He says in a clipped tone, not bothering with pretending, and heads in the direction of the snack booth. It takes him a few minutes, but he quickly finds Techno and Dawn holding two bags of popcorn. She's laughing with him about something, teasing and throwing popcorn at him.

Kengkla's tightens his jaw, stopping in front of them, choosing to say nothing. When his eyes meet Techno's, the other's smile fades. Kengkla can see the familiar guilt behind his eyes. "Ai' Kla," Techno blurts. "Um, you got the tickets?"

Instead of answering, Kengkla holds them up, and Dawn snatches one from his hand with a grin. "Awesome. Thank you so much, Ai' Kla. I can see why P'No likes you," She tells him then looks back at the theater. "Let's go get good seats."

She's walking with her back to Techno and Kengkla who follow from behind, and Kengkla slows down until she's out of earshot to lean closer to Techno at his side. "P'No likes me?" P' said that to P'Dawn?" He whispers, teasing Techno.

Techno laughs awkwardly and takes a step from Kengkla in his stride. "I just said that," He pauses to audibly swallow. "That you're cool in case she thought hanging out with a high schooler would be weird?"

Even though Kengkla believes Techno, he still finds it interesting that the first thing Techno does when he's alone with Dawn is to talk about Kengkla. It makes his heart warm to hear. "Okay, P'No," Kengkla purrs.

Silence falls between them as they enter the dark theater, but Kengkla can still see Techno's reddened cheeks under the dim light on the wall.

...

Kengkla's not paying attention to the movie, can't concentrate on anything besides Techno sitting between himself and Dawn.

He knows Techno is totally oblivious from the way the other stares at the movie and reacts to every scene, totally unaware to the world around him. But Kengkla's gaze keeps wandering to Techno, even as the movie begins to reach its climax. He takes in the way Techno is slouched in his sea with one hand digging for popcorn from the bucket between his spread thighs and the other hand gripping the armrest between him and Kengkla.

Dawn, however, is getting restless, moving around in her seat, rubbing her arms as if she's cold. And he likely is from the way the air conditioning is up so high, chilling the entire room. After a few seconds, she leans over to Techno, and Kengkla feels as if he's watching a bad romcom when she whispers, "Are you cold, P'No?"

Techno tears his gaze from the movie to stare at her and shakes his head. "No, not really. You?" He asks in a hushed voice.

When she nods in reply, Kengkla doesn't give Dawn a chance to say anything else and begins taking off his jacket in a rush. "P'Dawn," He says, and she looks up at him, past Techno. "Here, take my jacket." Kengkla rips it all the way off then holds it out in his hands across Techno who stares at it with wide eyes. "You can give it back to me after."

"Oh, okay," Dawn whispers, nodding as if she didn't expect the gesture from Kengkla. "Thank you, Ai' Kla." Of course, Kengkla knows she wanted Techno's flannel, but he wasn't going to let that happen. As she slips on the jacket, Techno watches with wide eyes then glances over at Kengkla.

Kengkla patiently waits for Dawn to settle back in her seat, turning back to watch the movie with a frown, and he keeps his eyes on Techno who just stares at him. "P'," He whispers, putting as much purr on the name as he can. "Can I have some?" He points at the popcorn in Techno's lap and smiles when the other says nothing, simply nodding.

"Thank you, P'No," Kengkla adds, sliding his hand over to reach into the popcorn bucket. His arm rests over Techno's between them on the armrest while he digs for popcorn longer than necessary, and he almost grins from the way Techno stiffens under the minor touch. He can't help but find it so cute.

After a few more seconds, he pulls his hand back out with a few popcorn pieces, eyes never leaving Techno's. He's a bit surprised Techno doesn't look away, especially as Kengkla slips a piece into his mouth, chewing it with a smile. "Delicious," He whispers so only Techno can hear after swallowing.

Techno twitches slightly, finally looking away and back at the screen. Kengkla feels his mouth curve into a smirk, and he leans his body into Techno's until his shoulder bumps against the elders. "But not as delicious as P'No," He says even quieter.

Even when a woman yells loudly in the movie, Kengkla can still hear the breath Techno takes.

..TBC..

A/N: Sorry for the delay <3 Having more health issues and about to go on vacation in the mountains. So, if I don't come back, I was eaten by a bear. Please play Bang Bang Bang at my funeral. Thank you.

Also, who else is watching 2moons2 and theory of love? 2moons2 is good but idk if it beats the original. MingKit in that one was perfect! And I'm shipping Earth's character with White's so hard in Theory of Love omg

<3 Hope you all enjoy it!