"You're wrong about me," Cosette said. "And unlike you, I killed Athos. I succeeded in Killing Athos!"

"Yes, but you are nothing like him. He had greatness in him. He would not be frightened."

"I'm not frightened. Just practical." She thought of a way to make this through. "There's only one man who can help me stay alive and I need to see him now."

"There's someone else, isn't there?"

"I have just killed a man. It tends to dampen the mood."

"Not in my experience. You're friends with that draper's wife."

"Constance means nothing to me," said Cosette. She meant it. Constance meant nothing to her any more. Cosette hated Constance. She hated her! Her former best friend who couldn't be friends with a "silly little girl."

Or did she really hate Constance? It just didn't make any sense. Constance was her best friend, who suddenly changed her mind about being friends with Cosette, who thought. It just didn't make any sense. But could she really bring herself to hate the woman who helped her?

"I see. Well, perhaps you're not Athos... but, with the Cardinal's help, I can still make something of you. He'll be expecting us by now."

Milady took Cosette to see Richelieu who was listening to the girl's proposal: trade her for Gallagher's letter. Protection? From who? The girl was the suspect who "murdered" Athos. She wasn't even aware that Richelieu knew who she was. He sent a message out to Aramis, having it written, demanding for the letter in exchange for d'Artagnan's secret to remain safe. To just see how far they would willingly protect her secret.

He sent Milady away, cruelly telling her that she had better leave. Milady did not see this coming, but she did glare at Cosette, who just looked at her casually as the woman walked away in frustration. Now, she was alone with the Cardinal.

"Well, it is hard to believe you've gotten this far, you've gotten this far, Mademoiselle d'Artagnan," Richelieu said. For a brief time, he thought this girl could be the next Milady de Winter. However, the times really were changing werent they?

Cosette began panicking and looked to Richelieu in a glare.

"How did you know?" Cosette asked.

"I have eyes and ears everywhere, Miss d'Artagnan. And I know that Treville,Aramis and Porthos know as well. Did you think I would never figure out your little secret?"

"But..the king..." Cosette began. "He'll know."

"He will, only if your friends don't have the letter. Pray that they do. Let's just see how far your musketeers will go to protect you."

Bonacieux came to the inn where Aramis, Athos and Porthos were at. Well, Athos was turning away because people thought he was dead. He just hoped that D'Artagnan was alright. Bonacieux went on to explain that Madame Bonacieux ran away with D'Artagnan. However, Aramis and Porthos assured that D'Artagnan had nothing to do with this. Bonacieux left in a huff. This information shocked them all. "If Constance has been missing all night, she might be in danger," says Aramis.

"D'Artagnan can't know about this, not now. It will only distract him."

"You know Constance loves d'Artagnan as a younger sibling and he sees her as an older sister," Aramis reminded Athos. He wasn't going to expose Cosette's secret. Though he didn't want to admit it, Athos was now more concerned with Cosette's safety rather than the mission.

"All the more reason to keep it from the boy," Athos said. "One lapse in concentration might cost him his life."

"But what about hers?" Aramis pointedly was referring to Constance.