one

"and i- oop better get up its your first day college!" my 13 year old sister, June, poked my nose. "Ughhh" i flipped my pillow over my head. and screamed. "Emma, you cant avoid this day for too long, its been your dream college ever since i met you" My stepmom came through the door. "fine" i got up and went to the bathroom, taking a nice shower. Why on the one day i actually want to sleep? i thought. ngl i was really excited for my first day of college. but it didnt help that i was still 17 and i cant legally be on my own yet. (I have a late birthday) After my shower i got out and wrapped a towel around myself. waddling back to my room. "EWW really emma?!" my big brother yelled. "Sorry. forgot my clothes." i said still waddling to my room. i got in there and opened my closet. i picked out a pair of leggings and a thrasher hoodie.

As i walked downstairs, i got a lovely greeting from my brother, Emanuel. "oh, hey lil sis. i see you got some clothes on." he laughed. "Shut it, Emanuel." i rolled my eyes and put my hair in a messy bun. "you gonna skate to school everyday like you did last year?" he asked, laughing at his food. i chuckled and rolled my eyes. "um, just because i still cant afford a car, doesnt mean you can call me out like that, at least i got INTO a college" i laughed straight at his face. he gave me 'the look' he knew so many things about me that no one else knew, he could easily expose me if he wanted. "You might wanna shut up" he said, squinting. i walked over to the door and slipped on my adidas slides. "bye" i grabbed my backpack and slammed the door. shit, my phone. i ran back inside hoping it wasnt dead. i went upstairs and it was on the charger. phew. i called an uber and went back outside to wait. NYCU here i come.

My uber arrived at the dorms, the buildings are alot smaller than i thought they'd be. i walked in with my backpack on my back, and noticed a few familiar faces. "No way, Alex?!" i havent seen this kid since 8th grade. "Hey! Emma!" he paused, "Oh and um, i go by Hamid now" he laughed. i stood there confused. "I thought you hated that name" i said. "Im kidding!" he laughed again, and this time i joined in. i looked over to my left and saw my bestfriend walk in the building. "WTF JACK!?" i yelled. anyone from miles away couldve heard me. everyone stopped. and all eyes were on me. Jack and i laughed at the silence. he dropped his bag and ran up to hug me. "mmmm wow i missed you" i said whilst we were still in the hug. his smile got even wider. "I've missed your smile more than anything." i felt him smirk into my shoulder. i pulled away from the hug. "we can't do this in public jack, what if your girlfriend comes out of no where like she did last time." i giggled. he laughed. "She won-" "Jackieee!" a high pitched voice from the back said. i knew it was zoe. i rolled my eyes as they hugged and she kissed him. "hiii zoee" he fakely smiled. ugh i hate her. "Who are you?" she asked. i raised my eyebrow. wtf, is she on drugs? have i changed ThAt much? i looked at jack, and back at zoe. "Im emma?" i said, idk why she wouldn't remember me. we went on tour together. "what happened? you've- " she paused "Changed." i smiled. "Taking care of yourself does wonders babes" i said and flipped my hair as i walked away. "What was that?" alex asked as he snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "cause it was hot" he smirked. i blushed, pulling away from him. "thanks, but i need to go find my dorm. thank you alex." i said and left.

-

what do you think so far? were meeting jabez soooon :)))))

(706 words)