Stop being a pussy. You broke it off, you have no reason to be crying over your actions.

Which was legit. I was the one to end it but I did it for a good reason and in the moment, it made sense. Now, I just hated myself for not thinking it through and coming up with a solution that wouldn't have hurt anyone in the process.

• • •

I greeted everyone as normal and went about my business as usual. I didn't do anything different this time around, other than had the whole Gucci team here to celebrate with me. Something that was out of the ordinary was my parents being present. I didn't invite them and the fact that they got through the front doors without any trouble, truly did do my head in. I needed at least two glasses of whiskey down my throat before I had the courage to deal with them.

"Son," my father greeted me as soon as he noticed me and I raised my eyebrows then chuckled under my breath.

"That's funny," I mentioned. "Last time we saw each other, you didn't want to do shit with me. I'm not sure why you're pretending to be on my good side."

"Harry, let's not make a scene at your own party," my good ol'mother decided to add to our conversation. I swear her voice never irritated me more than in that moment.

"Alright, let's not—I'll show you both to the door," I grinned fakely at them as I showed the way with my hand.

"You know it's going to look bad if you make us leave right now," mum threatened. "I assume you don't want a bad reputation now that you have finally gotten rid of your side package."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Oh, did you not think anyone would notice?" she laughed back at me like the evil woman she was. I watched her take a sip of her cocktail as my father just stood on the side and watched everything happen, as per usual. He never once interfered. Although, even if he would have, I knew he never would've sided with me. "It's quite obvious."

"Ah, is it, now?" I decided to play along. "Why is that?"

"For starters, she would hang from your neck and wouldn't let you breathe all night. She also wouldn't have let you approach us and speak to us unless she had some rather disrespectful things to say to me or your father."

"Are you done?" I asked. But never waited for a reply as I continued to say. "What goes on with her and I, is actually none of your business. It's also not something I want to discuss at my launch party so unless you have something nice to say, I don't want to hear you talk to me. Not after you basically disowned me—which, by the way, I will not forget."

"Harry, don't speak to your mother like that," dad interfered and I decided to give him a fake clap.

"Wow," I chuckled as I stood there and witnessed my dad side with my mum. "You know what? Why don't you both get the hell out of here, hm? It's not like you'd understand how much this event or the project itself means to me, and neither of you are ever pleased with whatever I do. So, really, is there a point in you two being here? Especially since no one invited you here."

"Hey, is everything OK here?" I whipped my head to the side and found Celia by my side. The woman was here, I invited her. But I didn't ask her to come and rescue me so to see her there, it was a bit weird. We never had a relationship that consisted of more than getting naked in the bedsheets.

"I see why you have decided to end your foolish relationship and move onto better things," my mother smirked and stretched her hand out towards Celia. "I'm Amelia."

"And I asked if everything was OK here," Celia replied. Her answer caused me to chuckle and it brought everyone's attention towards me, instantly. I didn't expect it to be so loud but I had no shame about it—that comeback was smooth as a baby's ass.