Jaces POV

(CHAPTER UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Heading down Brooklyn, the usual smell of fresh air and mundanes filled my nose, the stench was sharp, but I was used to it. I took a right and headed toward the small coffee shop I was been looking for, Java Jones. Walking up to it i studied the insides, looking for her. People were dotted around the room in comfy sofas drinking coffee and chatting. I could really do with a coffee, but i pushed the thought from my mind and kept looking for the girl. There she was, sitting with that boy she was with in pandemonium, the one Isabelle thought was cute. Her red hair down just past her shoulders, she was wearing a purple jacked, jeans and some old boots. I looked at her face, to find out she was looking right towards me. Our eyes met as she turned back toward her friend. I could see the panic in her eyes, she was scared. I walked slowly into the coffee room, still staring at her as she glanced back towards me. She could see me. She must be a shadowhunter. She was so scared. Her friend was asking her questions but they just swept over her head as her eyes focused on me. I then quickly hurried out the back door and waited in the cold wind, hoping she might follow me. I need to talk to her alone. 

Moments later i caught a glimpse of red and saw her standing there. Her hair flying behind her as she pursed her lips together. She looked like an angel.

"Who are you?" She demanded, her voice shaking, which made me laugh.

"That's for you to find out little girl" I smiled

"Your a killer, a cold blooded killer"

"Apposed to a peace loving killer?"

" I know what I saw"

"You think you know. Your not a mundane are you?" I asked, curious.

"What's a mundane?" She looked really confused now.

"Someone from the human world"

"So if I'm not a human than what am I?" At that a device in her hand started ringing. She didn't answer it, just looked at it.

"Aren't you gunna answer that?" But she didn't answer

"Please it's annoying" i finally said and she answered it.

"Mom I'm coming home" I heard her say

"mom!"

"MOM!" She was shouting now and then looked at me. Her eyes angry.

"Give me you're phone" she shouted at me, her 'phone' must have ran out of battery.

"I don't have a phone" I answered, matter of factly.

"What's that?" She pointed at my sensor and took it before I could answer. She turned around to start running but I grabbed ahold of her jumper. Pulling her backwards. She turned her head towards me and stared.

"Let go of me!" She squirmed.

"Tell me what happened and I can help you!" I said but she was already gone, running down Brooklyn high street. I thought about going after her but I couldn't be bothered to run so I started walking down the street she just ran down.

❋❋❋❋❋

Walking into an apartment building I wish I had my sensor but the girl took it. I can hear bangs coming from upstairs so I go and check it out, taking the stairs three at a time. Coming up to one apartment I peak in. The door has been flung off its hinges and is across the floor, the furniture is all over the room and everything is smashed up. In the center of all the rubbish is the red headed girl. Lying there alone.