Part 1

Thanos POV:

Just another universe. Just another day of balancing the universe. Anything he had to do to help these people... it was a small price to pay for salvation, in the end. Even if it cost everything, without the human in the way he could use RESET, and soon enough he will balance this whole multiverse. He has nothing left anymore, besides his one purpose. He had no way of knowing that there was another stone. There was no way for him to know that this other stone was of love, the opposite of what he had. One of the few stones that was ever only used for pure good, never evil. One of the stones hidden throughout the multiverses. Thanos had no way to tell... but reality could be what3er he wants. It doesn't matter that there's any other stones...
Right?
Thanos pushes his doubtful thoughts away, not wanting to let them get in the way of saving these universes. He wasn't insane. He didn't need other stones. He could s a v e them all, like he couldn't save his own universe or planet. Once he died twice in Endgame, he was pushed through time and space with the stones' power still coursing through his veins. That's how he is still alive here, with very few memories of his former life. He wasn't insane, only helpful.

He keeps telling that to himself.