“She is not a mystery, Mrs. Miranda.  It just a case of cupid finding his mark.  Sana andito si Moira para maipakilala ko siya sa inyo.  I miss her terribly.”  He sighs to beguile them in believing his drama.

“Oh, Ivo, I did not know that you are romantic.  You kept it hidden beneath your notoriously sinful persona.”

“Me too.  I was surprised to know that the most eligible bachelor has a romantic bone in his body.” One of his guests agrees.

“Do you have a picture of her, Ivo?  Gusto namin makita ang itsura niya.”

“No picture or any images can capture her beauty.  She is beyond comparable, Mrs. Miranda.  A goddess has captured my lonely heart.”  He can’t believe of the words coming out of his mouth.  But he needs to make himself believable among the conniving prigs.

“Tell us more Ivo.  Describe her to us.” Sabin i Mrs. Jimenez sa kanya.

“Sabi mo kakaiba siya, ano ang kulay ng buhok niya?  At ang mga mata niya?”  Ipinikit niya ang mga mata niya at inalala ang itsura ni Moira.

“She is half-Greek.  Her brown hair has wonderful curls.  Her eyes—oh  they are honey-colored and I drown in their sweetness when I look at them.  Her skin is as flawless as velvet cream.  And ah, her lips--those lips are alluring as petals of a rose...”  Gusto niyang masuka sa mga romantic stunts niya.

“You surprised us with your romantic side Ivo.  I believe she is very beautiful to capture the heart of the most eligible bachelor in the Philippines.”

“Yes she does.  Her beauty is not only in the outside, she has a kind heart, smart and generous.”  He sighs and looks at the prigs.  “Oh, enough of this, lalo ko lang siya namimiss.” He takes a sip of his cognac.

Napataas ng kilay si Mrs. Jimenez sa kanya.  “Kung namimiss mo siya, asaan siya?  Bakit hindi mo siya kasama?”

“Hindi pa siya magaling.  Sabi ng tita niya, saka na lang daw siya uuwi kapag magaling na magaling na siya at hindi na mukhang may sakit.”  Napahagod siya ng buhok.  “Sabi ko nga, kahit ano pang itsura niya, siya pa din ang pinakamaganda para sa akin.”

Mrs. Miranda pats his shoulder.  “Oh well, napakasweet mo pala, Ivo.”

He stares at his glass before letting out a sigh.  “Sana andito siya.  I can only wait and dream of hearing her angelic voice to warm my heart.”

“Oh my, she sings?”