1

Anne woke up with a startled gasp, her breathing coming out in ragged breaths as she frantically looked around her

Anne woke up with a startled gasp, her breathing coming out in ragged breaths as she frantically looked around her. Upon realizing she was trapped in the same cell that she had been stuck in for what felt like forever now, Anne let out a small sob and leaned her head against the concrete wall.

This is what happened to her on most days. She would wake up after having a nightmare filled with images of her past like when Bucky had fallen from the train or the Red Skull fighting her and Steve or when the plane had hit the water, a coldness surrounding her so fast that it made her wake up every time.

Then Anne realized that she never had escaped the nightmare seeing as when she woke up, she was tortured until she couldn't see straight. That's when the crying would start.

It was a never ending nightmare that went on both in her dreams and in reality. And it was slowly breaking her as the time went by.

The door to her cell began to creak open, instantly snapping Anne out of her thoughts as she straightened herself up. In walked the Winter Soldier and Anne had to bite her tongue to stop herself from saying something she would regret.

She had stopped calling the Winter Soldier her Bucky a long time ago, knowing that he was gone. Her Bucky had been brainwashed and didn't deserve to be considered the same person that stood before her right now.

Bucky would never hit a girl and he would never even dare to think about harming Anne in any way. However, the Winter Soldier could care less and just to prove that point, he threw a punch at Anne's face in a greeting that had her groaning out in pain.

Her face and body was already bruised and bloodied to the point where she could barely move without something hurting, so when the Winter Soldier hit her, it was ten times worse seeing as she was already in pain.

A small laugh filled the air and the Winter Soldier grabbed ahold of Anne's hair before forcing her head up so that she had to look at a very familiar scientist who had just walked into the room.

The man smirked and gestured towards the Winter Soldier. "I'm sure you are glad to see your friend. It's been a few days since you last saw him. You must've missed him," the scientist said.

"That," Anne hissed as she glanced at the Winter Soldier in annoyance, "is not my friend. Not anymore."

If she didn't know any better, she would've thought that a flicker of recognition and hurt flashed through the Winter Soldier's eyes, but Anne did know better. Her mind had been playing way too many tricks on her for her to believe anything she saw anymore. Not to mention that Hydra injected her every once in a while with some sort of serum that allowed them to mess with her mind and use her own memories and feelings against her.