Chapter 16

That night after picking up Jordan was the almost the same as every night. I pick her up start dinner and wait for Jason to get home. 

Jason usually gets home around four after baseball practice and I head to work, but Mrs. Connor forced me to take three weeks off. When I objected she said that I will still be getting payed and to enjoy myself.

Honestly I don't know what I'm supposed to do four three weeks.  I guess I can clean up the place or get ahead in school, maybe hit the gym.

"The parties here." I here Jason shout coming through the door.

"Hey." Jordon and I shout from the kitchen.  Tonight for dinner I made tacos our favorite.

I leave the kids to eat while I get my stuff ready for school tomorrow. I start to dread going back especially after what happened this morning. I want to be able to graduate on a stage.

I decide against eating dinner since I filled up on that burger earlier, instead ill go to the gym.

"Guys I'm going to head to the gym for a bit you guys good here, when I get back we can watch a movie."

"Yeah." They both say in unison.

I go to my room changing out of my jeans and into some leggings and a t shirt. After tying my hair up I look at myself in the mirror.

Turning to my side I lift up my shirt and look at my stomach. I should of never ate that burger. I'll be surprised if I still fit into my jeans tomorrow.

Putting my shirt down I grab my stuff saying bye to my siblings and walking out the door.

The air is cold and I regret not bringing a sweater. Immediately my thoughts go to cody and that night he tried to offer me his sweater.
I shouldn't of reacted like that. He was trying to do something nice for a fan and I over reacted. I'm just not used to people other than Mrs. Connor or my siblings doing anything nice for me. It feels weird.

I arrive at the gym already having an idea what I wanted to do. I'll hit the tread mill for a half an hour and then work my legs.

I go to the tread mill setting up my pace and my time. I start to walk first before I get into my run.

I notice out of the corner of my eye a guy getting on the treadmill right next to me. He's tall and has dirty blond hair by what I can tell.

I can feel him look over at me while I'm running, but I don't say anything and focus on my music.

After my half hour is up I grab my stuff huffing and puffing and make my way towards one of the open rooms to continue my work out.

I hear steps coming up from behind me.
"Hey, um you left your phone." I notice that it's the blond haired guy that was right next to me. I take in how attractive he it. Tall probably around 6'3. I notice his sharp jawline and his piercing blue eyes. For some reason he seems familiar to me. Like I've seen him somewhere before but I've never actually talked to him.

He hands the phone out to me. Unsurely I grab it and look down at my shoes. Nervous habit.

" um thank-s" I stutter.

"I'm carter by." He says extending his hand out to me. I stare at his hand not wanting to shake it but also not wanting to be rude.

"Alex." I reluctantly shake his hand and pull away. I cross my arms and look down feeling his eyes on me.

"Your really fast ya know, are you a runner?" His words hit me like a truck. I used to run my freshman and sophomore year. When I started dating Jackson I slacked off trying to make time for him.