Chapter 17

Chapter 17

This past month and a half has been so great with Wyatt. No we weren't dating, but we were definitely a lot closer. I know, it's crazy that we haven't made anything official yet. It's just, I wasn't ready to make that commitment. We've only been friends for a few months. It was too soon to jump into a relationship. Besides, I loved what we had now. It was innocent, but sweet at the same time. A little friends with Benefits if you know what I mean. He didn't seem to mind either.

It was December and it was our last day before Christmas break which was tomorrow. Wyatt's been helping me do a little shopping for Violet and Cole as we were going to start our tradition of buying each other gifts again. As for Wyatt, he was going to Florida like he always did with his family. I'm sure going to miss him while he's gone. Who else was I supposed to kiss while he was away?

"You sure you have to go? I can just smuggle you in my closet." I said as we stood outside. I was waiting on Violet and Cole to come out. Wyatt had to leave right away so he couldn't drop me off.

He chuckled and put his hands on my waist. "As much as I would love that, I really need to go. Can't break tradition." He pulled me closer into him.

I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I guess, but you better come back with a gift." I teased. I was really going to miss him.

"I promise you I will." He said. "Now I really have to go I'll see you when I get back."

After he said that, we leaned in and kissed each other for the thousandth time. Of course, I enjoyed it as much as all the other ones. He was so sweet and kind. All he ever did was been here for me through all my tough times and I couldn't ask for anyone better to make me feel alive again. Wyatt was really something special and any girl that could spend their time with him would be lucky. I'm lucky that I got to for as long as I did.

We said our last goodbyes and that's when Cole and Violet walked out. Violet was giving me those eyes like she loved me seeing me with him. It's been a good month now and I haven't really given her specific details to what was going on between us. This was just me having a little fun with someone new. She, on the other hand, wanted me to be dating him, but that wasn't going to happen for a very long time.

I smiled at them and we made our way to Violet's Car because Cole wanted to be lazy today.

"So, Savannah, what's the deal with you and my man Wyatt?" Cole asked me knowing damn well what the deal was.

I shrugged my shoulders and got in the car with them. "Oh you know just chilling." I tried to play it off, but they knew me better than that.

Violet looked at me and narrowed her eyes. "Just chilling? You've been seeing him for the past month now." She reminded me.

"Yeah, yeah enough about that. The real question is where are we holding our Christmas gathering tonight?" I switched the conversation.

I didn't want to discuss my relationship with Wyatt right now. That was between him and I. Quite frankly, we didn't even know what we were. Like I said, we were just chilling having fun. Nothing wrong with that right? We didn't need a title for anything right now. I find titles always mess things up anyway.

Back to our Christmas gathering. This used to be our tradition before the twins left. We would buy each other gifts, with our parents money before we were able to get our own, and meet up at one of our houses for the night. We'd open our gifts enjoy our time together and wake up in the morning to have a nice breakfast. Then of course we'd go spend the rest of Christmas with our families. It was something that we always loved doing and now that they're back we can start again. Only, this time it won't be as fulfilling seeing as Carson and I weren't on good terms right now.

Cole and Violet gave each other a little look leaving me in confusion. I had no idea what was going on, but there was definitely something.

I sat up and looked between them two. "Wh-what was that look?" I questioned them wanting to know why they were looking like that.

Cole rubbed the back of his neck out of nervousness. "Don't think too much about it, but we were gonna have it at my place." He said still nervous about my answer.

I sighed and tried not to get worked up about it. If we were going to his place that means Carson could possibly be there. I wasn't exactly ready to see him face to face. Yeah we went to the same school, but I've been doing really good avoiding him. It's been a month since I confessed my feelings to him. I ended our life long friendship and now if I see him what was I supposed to say? Would we even be able to talk to each other? There's no doubt in my mind that things would be really awkward.

Sitting back, I looked out the window and tried to tell myself everything will be okay. "Is Carson going to be home?" I couldn't stop myself from asking. It was important information to know.

We got to Cole's house and I switched seats with him. She was dropping him off so he can get the basement situated for us to be in tonight.

"I really don't know, Sav. Hopefully you guys can patch things up soon." He said before heading inside his house.

This whole thing was giving me chills. It's not like I didn't want to fix things with him. Things wouldn't be easy to fix after the stunt I pulled. Plus, he's still with the wicked witch of the south, Maisie. Being friends with him with her in the picture is going to be too hard. How would Wyatt even feel about that? He was finally getting his chance to be with me without Carson getting in the way. It wouldn't be fair to him to let Carson come back so easily. I don't know what I was going to do. It was all one big mess.

We pulled up at my house and we just sat in the car for a minute. There was nothing I could think about but Carson. I really was dreading seeing his face tonight. Hopefully, he would just decide to go away to Maisie's house or something. There was no way I would have any words to say to him. I probably won't be able to talk to him. Just when I was finally content, there's always a curve ball.

Violet sighed and looked at me. "You have to come to terms with it eventually." She said sincerely.

"With what?" Playing stupid like always, but I couldn't help it.

She rolled her eyes. "With Carson. I know you don't want to hear it, but it's time you make amends with him."

I shook my head and grabbed my things. "Yeah, that's not gonna happen." I rushed out the car and went into the house.

There was no way we could make amends right now. He hasn't even tried to talk to me since the whole scene at the party. Not that I tried to talk to him either. Seeing him in person wasn't going to be easy. My heart already felt like it wanted to explode with pain just thinking about seeing him. Ugh, life just wanted to be a bitch sometimes.