Unexpected Results - Kagaminette

Start from the beginning

"I-I-I... that isn't fair!"

"What do you mean, that isn't 'fair'? You tried to put gum on my chair and ruin my entire day."

"I shouldn't have done that, sure, but if it offended you so much why are you talking to me?" Marinette turned on the bench so she was facing away from Kagami and her legs were over the edge, her knees nearly touching the trash can at the end.

"Because Adrien asked me to, and you already know that."

"Of course." Marinette rolled her eyes. She had thought Kagami might have had a shred of human decency in her, but being nice to her was just another ploy to get closer to Adrien. She should have seen that coming...

"No need to be so negative."

"I just got rejected by my long time crush, and the girl he likes instead of me is sitting in front of me asking if I'm okay."

Kagami stayed silent.

"I've been trying so hard to get him to realise I had feelings for him, but nothing! Then I tell him that I like him and he doesn't like me back, but tries to be POLITE about it! I don't even have anyone else to talk to! I'm sitting here, heartbroken in a park, when I could be doing nearly anything else!"

"I don't know why you took my advice though! If I was such a threat, you would just ignore anything I said! Like in fencing, the enemy only says things to be ignored, not heeded! The only person you can blame for you getting into this situation is yourself! TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY," Kagami shouted at Marinette, the anger that had been building up since Marinette had started blaming her finally boiling over. She was sick of Marinette, sick of getting blamed for not being perfect, sick of the image she had been stuck with because she liked Adrien!

"Just shut up! Shut up, alright! I don't care about what you have to say, you just need to back off on Adrien. He likes someone that isn't EITHER of us, and you're just a second choice. Get. That. Through. Your. Head." Marinette leapt to her feet, trying to intimidate Kagami. It didn't work. Kagami just stood up in front of her and returned Marinette's fierce glare.

Taking a step closer to Marinette and forcing her to move back, Kagami hissed, "I don't think you understand. No one orders me around. I am Kagami Tsurugi, and I never hesitate."

"And I am Marinette Dupain-Cheng, and Adrien is MINE."

"Not if I get to him first. You don't deserve him. Even he agrees, 'friend'."

"HOW DARE YOU?!" Marinette turned red in the face and tried to shove Kagami away from her, only for Kagami to catch her hands and lean closer to her.

"I dare because I know I'll be the one he chooses. Not you, not Chloe, not anyone else."

Marinette seethed. "I'll be six feet under before I let that happen, Ice Queen."

"But I know one thing."

"What would that be?"

"I'll get to him first. You don't stand a chance, Marinette. Give up." Kagami turned and sprinted out of the park.

It took a few seconds before Marinette realised what had happened. She let out a screech and took off after Kagami. There wasn't a chance in hell that she was going to get there second. Kagami was the worst person Adrien could ever date. Even Chloe would be a better option.

As she crossed the road, one thing was going through Marinette's head. 'I can stop Kagami if I can get to Adrien before she does.' She pushed on.

Less than a hundred metres in front of her, Marinette could see Kagami. She was standing stock still on the sidewalk, forcing everyone to walk around her. Why had she stopped so suddenly? Where was Adrien? He couldn't have left that quickly, surely, though a quick glance at her phone told Marinette that she had been arguing for Kagami for nearly twenty-five minutes. Adrien would have been picked up in that time, maybe for a photoshoot or to go to fencing.

Kagami had realised something. Adrien wasn't the only reason she had talked to Marinette. There was something else. Something smaller, a tiny feeling that was barely there, but it was definitely there. It had stopped her in her tracks, like she had run into a brick wall. She might actually LIKE Marinette, and not even in the 'you can bake my wedding cake' way. In the romantic way.

"No. There is no way that I like her!" Kagami threw her hands into the sky. She had to be going crazy, insane, completely off the rails. How did she go from wanting to throw Marinette across Paris by her pigtails to possibly liking her so quickly?

Marinette caught up to Kagami and put her hand on her hip. "Didn't get to Adrien at all, huh?"

"Nothing that you need to know."

When they locked eyes, Marinette felt her heart flutter in the same way it did whenever she talked to Adrien. What on earth was happening? She didn't have a crush on Kagami, did she? They had been fighting less than five minutes ago, and over a GUY, no less.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I think I might be having a heart attack." Marinette put her hand on her chest. There was NO way she had a crush on Kagami. There had to be something else happening, like impending death.

"You're fourteen."

"Then why is my heart beating so weirdly?"

Kagami leaned closer to Marinette, almost until their noses touched. "Maybe you have a crush on me."

"Never."

"Are you sure? Because I might have been feeling the same way, but if its not mutual I might just ignore it." Kagami smirked at Marinette, knowing the exact meaning of her words.

"I would never like you, and I know you're just trying to make me into some kind of joke so Adrien never likes me." Marinette was turning redder and redder with every word. This was one of the worst situations she had ever been in, but she couldn't drag herself away. It was like watching a train-wreck.

"Are you certain?"

"Yes."

"Are you in denial?"

'Yes,' Marinette thought, 'because this isn't happening. I have no feelings for Kagami other than hatred.'

"No. Not in any kind of denial."

"Hmm. I don't know whether I believe you."

"You should."

"If you change your mind, call me. I'm sure you can get my number from somewhere."

"I won't call you." Marinette turned and started walking home. "Because I'll never change my mind."

As she was getting further away, Marinette whispered, "My mind was already changed."

Kagami's limo pulled up in front of her and she climbed inside. "Looks like I'll be waiting on a call after all. I can't wait."