Unexpected Results - Kagaminette

Начните с самого начала

"Maybe you went about it the wrong way." Why was Kagami still bothering? Marinette clearly blamed her for the failures of her love life. What was the point of trying to make her consider otherwise?

"How many ways could I go about it? Write him a letter and spend days wondering if Adrien even read it, or what he thought? Should I use a carrier pigeon?" Marinette crossed her arms. How dare Kagami suggest she was doing something wrong after she followed the instructions given to her?

Kagami rolled her eyes. Marinette was being an absolute child. "You are being unreasonable."

"This is why I don't want to talk to you!" Marinette pointed an accusing finger at Kagami. She felt patronised, like she was being treated like a child, and there was nothing she could do about it. It was an awful feeling, and Marinette hated it with every inch of her being.

Kagami huffed. She shouldn't have listened to Adrien. This HAD been a terrible idea. But if Marinette didn't want her help, she would just leave. "I'll just go back to Adrien, then."

Marinette realised what would happen if Kagami went back to Adrien. They would talk, probably have some kind of heart to heart, and they would fall even more in love, get married, have three kids and adopt a hamster together. "Fine! Stay! I'll talk to you!"

"Then don't hesitate." Kagami couldn't help the snide grin on her face.

"I've liked Adrien longer than you've been in Paris. Longer than Adrien has known you." Marinette started to explain, trying to make it seem like she had known Adrien longer than people had known about the sun setting every night. Maybe if she exaggerated a little Kagami would back off and she could convince Adrien to love her, somehow.

"Okay."

"I thought you weren't going to talk," Marinette snapped. Even though Kagami was sitting in front of her, Marinette was acting like a complete Chloe, being a diva and just generally being rude.

"So you don't want any advice?"

"Do I LOOK like I want your advice?"

"That's fine."

"Be quiet."

"Keep talking, then."

"Well, I've had a crush on Adrien nearly the entire time that I've known him, and then you arrive and sweep in and take him away! I couldn't even do anything!" Marinette stood up, only to take a couple of steps in a tight circle and sit back on the bench, waving her hands around emphatically.

"Don't you have other options? Like the other person at the ice skating rink with us?"

"I don't know! They don't deserve to get hurt! Luka and Adrien are both amazing people!"

"Then you need to think about it. Why hurt yourself more by letting Adrien keep rejecting you when Luka is waiting right there?" Kagami pointed to Marinette, getting closer to her face with every word.

"I refuse to let you win."

Kagami threw herself into the seat next to Marinette. "That's petty."

"I don't think you can talk about being petty."

"What about other options?" Other options? What other options did she have? Kagami cursed at herself. Where had that suggestion even come from?

"How many other options do I have, Kagami? Who would you suggest?"

"Chloe."

"What?!"

"You seemed to be pretty close at the movie premiere when you were trying to remove me from the situation."